Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
They are known as Rose Comb Legbars when finally fixed.

These are first generation of the cross.

Well, I don't know all that fancy chicken breeding stuff yet and your label said "Rose comb brown Leghorn/Legbar/legbar" so I just shortened it. And ended up typing it all out anyway!
lau.gif
They are stunners, though!

Bob, what color of egg do your Legbar crosses lay?

These are from the Brown Leghorn crosses. I have never kept any of my Sapphires so cannot positively say whether they are blue or green. If the Legbar rooster used has hidden brown egg genes (often the case with the Jill Rees line of legbars), the eggs can come out green. If there are no contaminating brown egg genes, the blue egg gene will be dominant over the white egg gene and the eggs will be a light blue.

Last edited:

These are from the Brown Leghorn crosses. I have never kept any of my Sapphires so cannot positively say whether they are blue or green. If the Legbar rooster used has hidden brown egg genes (often the case with the Jill Rees line of legbars), the eggs can come out green. If there are no contaminating brown egg genes, the blue egg gene will be dominant over the white egg gene and the eggs will be a light blue.

Nice color!

Great pictures as always Bob!

The plants might be saying it's spring, but that weather we had yesterday (snow) was saying not quite yet, lol.

Great pictures as always Bob!

The plants might be saying it's spring, but that weather we had yesterday (snow) was saying not quite yet, lol.
Thank you.

The Apricot tree is blooming too early for here and I am sure will not bear any fruit this year. Any of the asparagus that were up yesterday froze last night. The tomato is in the greenhouse and is safe along with the pepper plants which got their first blossom to open today.

Thank you.

The Apricot tree is blooming too early for here and I am sure will not bear any fruit this year. Any of the asparagus that were up yesterday froze last night. The tomato is in the greenhouse and is safe along with the pepper plants which got their first blossom to open today.

Do you get apricots most years?

I suppose you'll get more asparagus popping up yet. It's hard to be young spears of asparagus.

Are you growing bell peppers or some other kind? When we had our big garden in FL, we had all sorts of peppers because they grew so well for us. Tomatoes, not so much
sad.png
but we'd have pepper coming out of our ears before summer was over.

Back
Top Bottom