Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
I had 94°F at 10:00 AM this morning. Sure is nice and cool in the basement.

Oops, that was in the greenhouse. It didn't get to 92° until nearly 5:00 PM.

Bob, do you have any trouble with your greenhouse getting too warm in the summer?

Bob, do you have any trouble with your greenhouse getting too warm in the summer?
If I was to forget to turn the fan on, it would get to 140°F very quickly. I put the fan on a thermostat and so far on the hottest days it has gotten to 115°F. There aren't any plants in there at this time.

If I am making something with yeast that needs to raise, I just stick it in the greenhouse for a little while. Really gets it to raise very well.

I like your way of using the greenhouse for yeast items. I do a lot of baking and can see where that would be a great way of getting dough to rise!

I like your way of using the greenhouse for yeast items. I do a lot of baking and can see where that would be a great way of getting dough to rise!
The method I use when the greenhouse is too cold is to boil water in the microwave and then set the dough inside the microwave to raise. If the microwave needs warmed up some more, I remove the dough and boil some more water and then put the dough back in to finish raising.

I am from Casper in town. I started looking at having chickens before they allowed them. When it was allowed life was busy and did not get them. This year my sons kindergarten class hatched chickens and an email was sent out who wants free chickens. We now have 4 and I think I'm obsessed with them, so I's one of my sons if we can't find him all we have to do is go look out in the coop and yep found him
IMG_7521.JPG
love this photo
My husband has built me a custom coop to his dismay I had a lot of time to customize it and he had little time to build it. :)

I am from Casper in town. I started looking at having chickens before they allowed them. When it was allowed life was busy and did not get them. This year my sons kindergarten class hatched chickens and an email was sent out who wants free chickens. We now have 4 and I think I'm obsessed with them, so I's one of my sons if we can't find him all we have to do is go look out in the coop and yep found himView attachment 1063607 love this photo
My husband has built me a custom coop to his dismay I had a lot of time to customize it and he had little time to build it. :)
Welcome to the Wyoming Unite!!!! thread. Enjoy your chickens.

I am from Casper in town. I started looking at having chickens before they allowed them. When it was allowed life was busy and did not get them. This year my sons kindergarten class hatched chickens and an email was sent out who wants free chickens. We now have 4 and I think I'm obsessed with them, so I's one of my sons if we can't find him all we have to do is go look out in the coop and yep found himView attachment 1063607 love this photo

Thanks for joining us! It's always nice to see young kids enjoying the animals :)

Hi all! Happy to have found a Wyoming post:) Originally from NYC but moved out here about 10 years ago and slowly accepting this may be home now;)
We are in Cheyenne. We have 3 14 week olds- 2 Japanese, a Birchen Cochin, Silver Sebright; 1 16 week old- Egyptian Fayoumi; a 13 week old Japanese Serama cross; and two four year olds- a Gingernut Ranger and a White Maran. It all started with lots of research and talk (3 years worth) and someone dropping two chickens in our yard one day. My son wanted Japanese, I wanted Jersey Giants and here we are hunting down Seramas! Not quite sure how that happens :)

Hi all! Happy to have found a Wyoming post:) Originally from NYC but moved out here about 10 years ago and slowly accepting this may be home now;)
We are in Cheyenne. We have 3 14 week olds- 2 Japanese, a Birchen Cochin, Silver Sebright; 1 16 week old- Egyptian Fayoumi; a 13 week old Japanese Serama cross; and two four year olds- a Gingernut Ranger and a White Maran. It all started with lots of research and talk (3 years worth) and someone dropping two chickens in our yard one day. My son wanted Japanese, I wanted Jersey Giants and here we are hunting down Seramas! Not quite sure how that happens :)

Welcome to the WY state thread!

You have some interesting breeds, care to share a few pictures?

Back
Top Bottom