Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Is everyone ready for tomorrow?

http://time.com/4902098/what-time-is-the-total-solar-eclipse-casper-wyoming/

For Casper the eclipse will begin at 10:22:17 AM MDT, totality starts at 11:42:39 AM MDT, maximum totality at 11:43:52 AM MDT, totality ends at 11:45:05 AM MDT and eclipse ends at 1:09:26 PM MDT.

https://www.eclipsewise.com/solar/SEnews/TSE2017/TSE2017states/TSE2017stateWY.html

It will be interesting. I'm going to sneak a peek but will be working so no sitting around solar-gazing ;)

Guess Casper is going to be busy Bob, been hearing reports about lots of people, high motel prices, etc. Someone told me yesterday the BLM has received calls asking if it's ok to perform animal sacrifices on government property tomorrow. Yikes! :eek:

It will be interesting. I'm going to sneak a peek but will be working so no sitting around solar-gazing ;)

Guess Casper is going to be busy Bob, been hearing reports about lots of people, high motel prices, etc. Someone told me yesterday the BLM has received calls asking if it's ok to perform animal sacrifices on government property tomorrow. Yikes! :eek:
The churches with big parking lots are charging for parking spaces. At least one hotel/motel that has a big parking lot is charging $100 for 20'x20' spaces.

It looks like greed is showing its ugly face.

I will be staying home until this is all over. All the highway patrol are scheduled to be on duty. I expect lots of tickets to be handed out since it is illegal to park on the Interstate berm. I heard that I-25 is closed to wide loads until after Tuesday.

I did a couple of test shots of the sun today just trying to figure out what I need to do to get pictures. Looks like I will have to dig out the Sigmonster for the totality. The Sigmonster is a 300 - 800mm telephoto lens that gets its name from just how big it actually is.

Crazy...$100 for a parking space?! Yep, home is the place to be. Fortunately my home and work are out in the boondocks.

Hope you get some good photos Bob, love to see them!

Are you getting any eggs yet? Those legbar crosses should be about to start laying if they aren't already laying.

I sure am getting some eggs now! They started laying about 10 days ago, such pretty blue eggs :D Nothing from the Welsummer yet but I'm sure she'll get her engine started soon.

It seems a while back, you asked if any of them had a rose comb. One of them does and 2 have the single comb.

Wish I could share a couple of pictures but my camera seems to be on the fritz.

Stay safe today and good luck with the photos!

I sure am getting some eggs now! They started laying about 10 days ago, such pretty blue eggs :D Nothing from the Welsummer yet but I'm sure she'll get her engine started soon.

It seems a while back, you asked if any of them had a rose comb. One of them does and 2 have the single comb.

Wish I could share a couple of pictures but my camera seems to be on the fritz.

Stay safe today and good luck with the photos!
Don't expect the Welsummer to start before she is at least 6 months old. I had 2 Welsummer hens that never laid an egg until they were 1 year old but most started around 6 months.

I missed the start of the eclipse due to being overtaken by a nap but did manage to get some shots of the eclipse. You can see the album here.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Amazing pictures Bob! Thank you for sharing them.

We got about 99% of the eclipse down here, very cool!

Thanks for the heads-up about the Wellie's egg laying. She's such a sweet girl and the friendliest, I'm enjoying her immensely.

Amazing pictures Bob! Thank you for sharing them.

We got about 99% of the eclipse down here, very cool!

Thanks for the heads-up about the Wellie's egg laying. She's such a sweet girl and the friendliest, I'm enjoying her immensely.
Thank you.

I enjoyed my Welsummers. There were really mellow and laid such beautiful eggs. Unfortunately I needed to cut back in order to work on my rose comb legbar project but at least they all went to the same home.

Back
Top Bottom