ya no the blue stuff that won't come off

2chickenrich

Songster
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
Perry, Georgia
Well dh said we needed some for our dogs , to paint their feet because they are limping around the yard . So being a good wife and dog mother I went to tractor supply and got some . well the lid leaked into the bag , thank goodness not out of the bag because I put it in the seat not on the floor of the car on the way home. Then not wanting to be waistful I decided to pour what leaked out back in to the bottle and spilled half of it on the driveway. I now have purple fingers and blue nails. It's on my counter top where I sat the bottle to try and clean my hands. It just wouldn't stop , I finally took the bottle outside and walked away before I did more damage.
barnie.gif

I hate it when that happens! I've done things like that a couple of times. The more stressed I get about the mess the more likely I am to do something else equally stupid!

Hah! I was just on here looking for remedies to get the blue stuff off! I just applied some to my hands by accident. So far recommendations are: rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover without the acetone, or Lava soap if you have any. BTW for future reference, I wouldn't use the dauber that comes with the bottle unless you have a large area on the animal. I found that a Q tip worked better for smaller spots on a chicken.

It's good to know that I'm not going to be the only one with blue hands today.

nail polish remover mixed with rubbing alcohol removes sharpie from a dry erase board. Just maybe it would remove the blu-kote from your hands. Good luck, but I'd do it outside because of the smell.

Back
Top Bottom