Yet another cheap DIY incubator...

what is the hatch rate

Did a few hatches in this incubator... Sucess rates ranging from 90 to 100%, on fertile eggs.

Perfect! When can I buy one here!?!
Kudos...

Genius!! I'm trying to make my first incubator as I just added a rooster so now have fertilized eggs and am curious as to what might show up. And if it prooves not crazy difficult/time consuming or to repeat with other eggs that I have acess to. I wonder if I could repurpose a big Styrofoam cooler or use another cooler as an incubator?

A repurposed styrofoam cooler will work great... Plenty of good DIY tutorials out there... I did it with styrofoam boards, because it's what I had laying around.

Cheers
frow.gif

Last edited:
I'm so excited. Now just need to scrounge up a thermostat. I have a Styrofoam cooler in my basement collecting dust. And hard plastic coolers.. I think the Styrofoam might have a leak. Duct tape!!

Hi,

That single small fan (blowing upwards) provides a good air flow inside... It's a small incubator, the air flows well over the water trays.

In my case, no need for sponges... In latest hatches, I replaced those plastic boxes in the bottom with a couple of cheap ice cube trays... I'm able to adjust humidity % quite well by filling or emptying ice cube rows with water... I recall being able to reach around 80%, if needed.

Cheers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom