YO GEORGIANS! :)

What about compatibility among these? Which of these breeds get along best? Thought we would have at least 2 diff varities
I think my easter eggers would get along with just about anything. I had wyandottes and speckeldes at the same time with I think 8 different breeds and they also got along with all the others.

. My BO and her chicks

Anyone heard of mj hatchery in Marietta, ga? I'm a little leary going on craigslist to look for chicks. Any info is appreciated

Anyone heard of mj hatchery in Marietta, ga? I'm a little leary going on craigslist to look for chicks. Any info is appreciated

They're another hatchery I have heard of, but haven't heard anything bad about. But again, never dealt with them myself.

I do know, however, that John (the guy we mentioned before in Villa Rica) tried posting some very bad things about them once before on CL. But his bad writing style was too obvious and everyone knew who was making the post.

But then if everyone has problems with him, and he has problems with MJ Hatcheries, maybe that makes MJ hatcheries a good breeder? Lol! I don't know.

People on here have lots of chicks for sale. We have Black Cochins (S/R), Buff Orpingtons (S/R), Golden cuckoo Marans (S/R), & Welsummers (pullets). They range from 3-4 weeks old to 3 days old. These range from $3 for the BC & BO, $6 for the Welsummer Pullets and $15 for the GCM, which are rare. My friend who has the GCM may make a deal with you.

I think Ricky Rhodes has Rhodebars and Cream Legbars for sale. Not sure what he is asking.

Um, there is also a lady who has to sell all her 3-4 month old chicks because she has to move. PM me if you need further info. Also, the lady in Cumming is having a 'sale' on her chicks. They are usually $15 but she is selling them for $10 with a buy 10 get 2 free deal. She vaccinates hers against Mareks disease and she starts them all on GroGel. Hers are all pullets and she won't sell day olds. She keeps them to make sure they are all healthy. I got several chicks from her and they are all well and beautiful.

My chickens just got a really nice treat!

My sister works for the local Dollar General, and they seemed to have an entire case of eggs get dropped or something. They damaged out the entire case so my sister took them home. The case WAS in very bad shape from a store's standpoint. Every last carton had at least two broken, but many had all broken eggs. Even the case itself was dripping raw egg.

But you know who doesn't care what an egg looks like? You know who doesn't mind eating shell pieces in their scrambled eggs? You know who actually sometimes PREFERS the shell over the liquid part? Live chickens!

And boy did they have a feast! A good 11 cartons alone, went straight to them! Let's just say I've never seen a cornish rock STOP eating before! LOL!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom