YO GEORGIANS! :)

Frizzle is not a breed, it is a genetic mutation. Frizzles come in many breeds, but the frizzle gene does not breed true so two frizzles bred together may not have frizzled offspring.

Correct, Frizzle is not a breed however the Sizzle is in the process of becoming a breed! Thus when I have been telling people about sizzle eggs I have been trying to explain that there is a small chance for a sizzle, a larger chance for a Frizzle Silkie or Cochin, and a chance for some chicks to look just like normal silkies. The only way to for sure get get the frizzle gene is to breed frazzle to frazzle and that is just asking for trouble and not considered ethical breeding. Frizzle to Frizzle gives a high chance for a frazzle, again, not considered a good idea.

Last edited:
Do I start a new thread from the "what is this breed" forum? I've gotten fussed at for asking questions on other forums before. I was told I "butted in". I didn't know that I was butting in or anything so I don't want to make that mistake again.

That is sad! No one should have made you feel like that! (((hugs)))

I've lost two of my older chickens to the heat lately. Today they all got some watermelon to help them beat the heat. Heat index 110+ today. My hens are singing their Egg Song in the middle of the night.

Today is horrible, all my birds are panting like dogs! We keep moving the hose to different pens to mist them!

This little one is waiting for some others to hatch! It is so hard not to pull him out and count his toes! LOL We are trying to get sizzles. But by the numbers those are very hard to breed for. They have to have black skin like silkies and 5 toes and they need to have hard feathers that frizzle. (Will know in a few weeks!) First step to look for though is the skin and toes! LOL Um... is he supposed to have that bump on his head?
that is called a vaulted skull, all Silkies and polish are supposed to have them (in the US standard anyway). It's what makes their crest so round. Often, when crossed with a non crested breed, they won't have the vaulted skull, but still have a crest. It's not as rounded, just a little poof, like on a cream crested Legbar. The white Silkie does not have a vaulted skull, but the cuckoo do. From feathersite.com

Last edited:
Quote: There are snobs everywhere. Chicken snobs, geese snobs, duck snobs, goat snobs, horse snobs.... you get the picture. I just avoid those who think they're better than others based on their animals.... or anything else for that matter. We're all made the same way and we'll all be dust at the end. The snobs can go take a leap.

And as far as Roboduck being a breed expert? Not hardly. Roboduck is the comic relief here. Chickens and other birds are just a side effect of my time here.

Back
Top Bottom