YO GEORGIANS! :)

The brahma is around 6 weeks and the salmon faverolles is 5 weeks. That would put then around 70 and 75* so by that reasoning they have too much heat under the lamp.

Here are my 6 New additions. 3 Ameraucanas (sp?) And 3 new Hampshire reds ordered from Ideal as pullets, let's hope so!

Last edited:
The brahma is around 6 weeks and the salmon faverolles is 5 weeks. That would put then around 70 and 75* so by that reasoning they have too much heat under the lamp.

Awe, you have naked necks, too! Love them! Yeah, it looks like you have a very nice set up. They should be warm in there. Don't worry about the 'too warm', they look like they have plenty of room to move away from the heat if they feel too hot.

So what i have done at this point is purchase foam pipe insulation from lowes. Now i am going to order a pipe heater and put inside of the foam insulation at the faucet so the faucet does not freeze and just have it plugged in all the time. I will then put a Y valve on the hose before it goes into the bucket and have another hose running into a large feeder pan and leave it dripping. that way if the bucket freezes there will be a pan of frozen water that will thaw during the day for the birds.
Sounds like a plan, let us know how it does. You must have a large flock?

I have found that my chicks generally don't like it as hot as the suggested temps. But with that said, some breeds are just more fragile than others. I don't know anything specific about the salmons, but perhaps they are one of them. Hope everything works out.

Back
Top Bottom