YO GEORGIANS! :)

Dig out of the sand
In the avitar are you in sand?
Not quite chickens, but if you know anyone looking to add some white fantails, please send them my way.
These are American, Indian, and a cross of the two.

very pretty

Does someone need a tom? I have midget whites and my hen lays another clutch as soon as the last one is independent. Sorry, couldn't find the original post.
Can you give me a little more detail, weight etc.

frow.gif
Hey, y'all! I know there's no way I'm catching up, so hello to anyone new! And I hope everyone is doing well! I've been hibernating. And trying to clean this property up whilst preparing for Halloween.

@carcar80 Good news! You were correct in your assessment of the BCM. Domino IS a pullet and she lays the prettiest little chocolate colored eggs. She's also very friendly and inquisitive. Follows me all over the place and chatters at me the whole time I'm out there. I think she actually talks more than me. That's hard to do.

I almost forgot to tell you , I got my first dark brown egg today,I have no idea who gave it to me but my first ever in the whole wide world, pretty cool huh, lol
celebrate.gif

I think they're very cool looking. I'm hoping that we'll have a miracle and that Honey will lay some eggs. She's the one that didn't have such a good prognosis from the vet. She wasn't supposed to live this long and I was told she'd probably not lay one egg if she did live. Well, today she started squatting. I'd pretty much given up on her as far as eggs are concerned because Domino started laying about 10 days ago, she's about 2-3 weeks younger than Honey. My big plans for having blue eggs had been thwarted because of her situation and the other EE turned out to be James. LOL Maybe she's gonna beat all the odds, right? If she wasn't even supposed to still be living, maybe she'll lay some eggs for us.

Hi folks…My first flock of chickens are 26 weeks old today and we’ve been fortunate not to lose one so far. I got my first egg a month ago and our first dozen a day today. They free range over a 10 acre area and all that are laying are using the nest boxes except the EE. She lays behind a bale of hay in the hall of the barn or on the coop floor. She is a real producer laying 6 days and then one day off, a lot like things were meant to be. I’ll be glad when they all start laying and it’s nice not buying old eggs from the store. Just checking in to say hello and hope everyone is doing well. Lurking and learning!

In the avitar are you in sand?
very pretty

Can you give me a little more detail, weight etc.

Cheating a little by cutting and pasting text as follows: The breed is the smallest standard variety of turkey, and with toms at roughly 13 lbs and hens 8-10 lbs, it weighs only slightly more than the largest chickens.[1]
A rare heritage turkey breed, the Midget White is classified as "Critical" by the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy.[2] It is also included in the Ark of Taste, a catalog of foods in danger of extinction (Whikapedia)

So it is a heritage breed. I have one jake besides the breeding pair. Once he starts fighting the tom he will have to go. We are okay at the moment. These are beautiful white birds. As soon as someone sees the tom for the first time they whip out their cameras. He is impressive--as most turkeys are. My goal is that people breed them.

Cheating a little by cutting and pasting text as follows: The breed is the smallest standard variety of turkey, and with toms at roughly 13 lbs and hens 8-10 lbs, it weighs only slightly more than the largest chickens.[1]
A rare heritage turkey breed, the Midget White is classified as "Critical" by the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy.[2] It is also included in the Ark of Taste, a catalog of foods in danger of extinction (Whikapedia)

So it is a heritage breed. I have one jake besides the breeding pair. Once he starts fighting the tom he will have to go. We are okay at the moment. These are beautiful white birds. As soon as someone sees the tom for the first time they whip out their cameras. He is impressive--as most turkeys are. My goal is that people breed them.

they are quite beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom