YO GEORGIANS! :)

ok a friend just sent me this pic of their roosters butt, I have no idea, any of you have an idea?  I asked if the bird had mites and it was treated a while ago with poultry/garden dust, I thought maybe put Vaseline on it?

1998_013.jpg

The EMT cream at TS might work but I can't really tell the cause based on the picture. If he's missing skin, it will help regrow it and absorb any infection. Pricey at $15, but it works.

I need a little guidance. I got Betty up to 90% ready to go back with her flock. She got cockie, for lack of a better term, and keeps finding ways out of her pen to free range with the others. That, in itself, is fine. But, they lower pecking order girls have used her ways out to get in and corner her just reopening her wound. We fix the way out every night but I don't want to keep her from free ranging...that makes her happy. Is there anything out there, other than peepers (I can see that going terribly wrong for the offenders) that I could use to protect her head?? If it were the girls higher in the pecking order, I'd get the peepers. The two perpetrators are the lowest on the totem pole...I'd be causing more harm than good, I think.

I need a little guidance. I got Betty up to 90% ready to go back with her flock. She got cockie, for lack of a better term, and keeps finding ways out of her pen to free range with the others. That, in itself, is fine. But, they lower pecking order girls have used her ways out to get in and corner her just reopening her wound. We fix the way out every night but I don't want to keep her from free ranging...that makes her happy. Is there anything out there, other than peepers (I can see that going terribly wrong for the offenders) that I could use to protect her head?? If it were the girls higher in the pecking order, I'd get the peepers. The two perpetrators are the lowest on the totem pole...I'd be causing more harm than good, I think.
They might be pecking it due to seeing the red, can you cover it with blu cote or something like that. Spray on a paper plate and use a cotton ball to apply it to the head,

They might be pecking it due to seeing the red, can you cover it with blu cote or something like that.  Spray on a paper plate and use a cotton ball to apply it to the head,

I'm going to TS tomorrow so I'll see if they have anything like that. Makes sense! It's gotta be way better than wrapping. Pretty sure there was something like that last time I went. Worst case scenario, I may just add some food coloring to the EMT cream...lol!

I'm going to TS tomorrow so I'll see if they have anything like that. Makes sense! It's gotta be way better than wrapping. Pretty sure there was something like that last time I went. Worst case scenario, I may just add some food coloring to the EMT cream...lol!
lol even if you used betadine (SP) wash that will color the skin a little and least it will not be so bright and kill any possible little nasty no see ems.

Back
Top Bottom