YO GEORGIANS! :)

There is someone in Cumming that is kinda close to Gainesville, with several breeds.

I really enjoy the laced breeds but do not want to sacrifice good egg laying for beauty. As we do eat our backyard eggs. Our five hens that we have now have provided our family of for with just enough eggs even through the winter. We get about 3 to 5 eggs daily. But I am looking for some pretty well sought after breeds that aren't to comon in my area. But here are some pics of my small flock of 7 right now. Should I just hang out on the forum?

And I think ChristyinGA is in that area, too.

And a couple singles of my only 2 roo.

I bought the wyandottes and the silkie at a local auction and sophie the silkie turned out to be steve. Lol

Three thermometers in my bator right now:

Mercury reads 96, AC "vent" thermometer (as I call it) says 84 (calibrated it last hatch), and new digital thermometer/hygro says 91 with 40% humidity.

:lau

So, I may have accidentally purchased a little frizzle chick at TC Country today...

The problem is, even though it was supposedly hatched on 2/25, it is MINUTE compared to my other chicks. I'm not sure what to do. I think I'm going to pull the red rangers and put them into a dog kennel and see if this little tiny thing manages to not get stomped by the other chicks.

Hi ChristyinGA did you happen to get my pm? I'm looking for some people my area that would like to sell some young pullets or chicks. I'm soon going to set up a small breeding program to try and give people around my imediate area a better variety of pretty but reliable layers. And also if there are any other folks out there that might be in the Gainsville or Athens area.

Back
Top Bottom