YO GEORGIANS! :)

So I always hear people posting how their chickens come running because they associate the human with treats. My girls seem a little different. Whenever I put my hand down in the brooder they run away... Then they realize it's the sparkly hand and the all want to swarm my hand to see my wedding ring. Haha they usually peck at it and just stare, cocking their heads so inquisitively. Haha

I don't think I will wear my engagement ring once they are bigger though. One of them migh peck to hard and take off with it.

These girls are getting HUGE though! I really want to get them outside. I turned off the brooder light today. It is staying a constant 75ish and they are 4 1/2 weeks.

So I always hear people posting how their chickens come running because they associate the human with treats. My girls seem a little different. Whenever I put my hand down in the brooder they run away... Then they realize it's the sparkly hand and the all want to swarm my hand to see my wedding ring. Haha they usually peck at it and just stare, cocking their heads so inquisitively. Haha

I don't think I will wear my engagement ring once they are bigger though. One of them migh peck to hard and take off with it.

These girls are getting HUGE though! I really want to get them outside. I turned off the brooder light today. It is staying a constant 75ish and they are 4 1/2 weeks.

I have to turn my ring around so the stones are on the inside of my hand, or it's chaos! My husband is much less amused by this than we are.

Ok, I want one of these....  http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/grd/4403102424.html   But only because they look like miniature badgers.

I bought my sister and brother-in-law a breeding pair of those in late 2012. But not even six months later, we almost lost one - from sheer malnutrition. They hadn't bought food for them in weeks, and the food cups actually had mold in it. I was disgusted at how she "cared" for them (or rather, didn't care).

So I ****** her off by listing them for sale on craigslist. Not even two days later, they gave them both to a family friend. The pair had one baby successfully during that time, but I felt like sh** for buying them for such a bad owner.

So ever since moving in, I have claimed every animal that came into this house, or I have forced them to take the animal to a shelter.

I'm browsing the internet, and arranging to pick up some critter apparatus, but the new Jester bunny is chilling on the couch with me and keeps nudging my arms like a dog! He's lobbying pretty hard to be a house bunny...

Time to train him to use a litter box!

Oh sure; then how do I keep the dogs out of it? Lol. Don't forget, I have a chick-eatin dog ; who hasn't noticed this very appropriately named rabbit. The other dogs noticed, but don't seem to care.';k mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn <<<<------hahaha! bunny typing!

Back
Top Bottom