YO GEORGIANS! :)

Quote: I told everyone... I posted it right here in this forum. If you want to order some eggs from Bargain, do it and let her know you want to pick them up the same time we pick up ours and you and GAM can split the ride. Hopefully, she'll be able to fill two orders at the same time.

Robo I have now sold every turkey that I have in the incubator and then some from people that saw your babies on saturday.
Very good. Hopefully we'll eventually start getting some eggs from turkeys.

You may already know, but if your ducks turn out to be drakes they could injure/kill your hens if they try to mate with them. I've never had a rooster who would let my ducks close enough, but just so you know.
smile.png

You know there is a runner duck thread. When I hatched my runners, one of the experts on that thread correctly told me the sex of my ducks by looking at the color of my ducks.
LL

Lighter colored one on the left was a male, darker colored one on right was a female. Also, the females peep constantly. Males not too much. As they grow older, the males will continue to peep and the females start to quack at around one month old. But the males were always more quiet. My grown drake is actually the 'boss/peace keeper' of the whole coop of chickens/ducks. The main thing about water needs is that when they search for food, they use their beaks to shovel under leaves and dirt, so they need water to draw into their mouths and then snort out the dirt that is stuck in their nostrils. They just need a big bowl of water to be able to dip their beaks in to clear their nose. Of course, they do love to play in the water. Luckily we have a 3 acre lake.

You know there is a runner duck thread. When I hatched my runners, one of the experts on that thread correctly told me the sex of my ducks by looking at the color of my ducks.
LL

Lighter colored one on the left was a male, darker colored one on right was a female. Also, the females peep constantly. Males not too much. As they grow older, the males will continue to peep and the females start to quack at around one month old. But the males were always more quiet. My grown drake is actually the 'boss/peace keeper' of the whole coop of chickens/ducks. The main thing about water needs is that when they search for food, they use their beaks to shovel under leaves and dirt, so they need water to draw into their mouths and then snort out the dirt that is stuck in their nostrils. They just need a big bowl of water to be able to dip their beaks in to clear their nose. Of course, they do love to play in the water. Luckily we have a 3 acre lake.
Well that's bad news. I think mine's a boy....

Back
Top Bottom