You brahma people have done it

I am a fairly new Brahma owner but from what I’ve seen with my big man is that he does not like roosting too high, he prefers the lower roost. I read that their feet need to be cleaned to avoid infections(I’ll be using pet safe soap, warm water and a tooth brush)
I believe they are a breed that like being around their own breed, I only have one adult Brahma but he LOVES my pullet and cockerel Brahma almost more then my Buff chantecler who is pretty much his wife. Very very sweet loving chickens… he got in front of my niece the other day when she was scaring my hens and steered the hens away from her rather than challenging her. Depending on your nesting boxes you might need bigger ones for the hens.
That’s all I’ve got so far I’ll be reading through this for more information on Brahmas for myself! So thank you for making this thread
Oh and of course you’ll want to watch the wings… when I was moving him out of the box to the coop he nearly got me in the face with his wings. If my silkies wings hurt I can’t imagine how badly a 7 lbs roosters wings would (he isn’t even fully grown yet :oops:)

Oh and of course you’ll want to watch the wings… when I was moving him out of the box to the coop he nearly got me in the face with his wings. If my silkies wings hurt I can’t imagine how badly a 7 lbs roosters wings would (he isn’t even fully grown yet :oops:)
Try a Turkey's wing in the face? That hurts worse then a chicken.

I read that their feet need to be cleaned to avoid infections(I’ll be using pet safe soap, warm water and a tooth brush)

Personally, I provide appropriate conditions to keep the feet in order -- dry bedding over well-drained ground -- and let them manage their own foot feathers. All my feather-footed breeds do a good job of preening them and keeping them tidy.

Of course that's only possible because I am on sandy soil that never gets muddy no matter how waterlogged even after a tropical storm.

I LOVE my brahma girl! Drove 2 hours to pick up 20 comets and they threw her in for free! Shes sweet as pumpkin pie! We call her Brahma Mama as we think shes older and she gets along with everybody. ❤️
20230410_140626.jpg
20230121_104529.jpg
20230116_154107.jpg
20221225_132422.jpg

Personally, I provide appropriate conditions to keep the feet in order -- dry bedding over well-drained ground -- and let them manage their own foot feathers. All my feather-footed breeds do a good job of preening them and keeping them tidy.

Of course that's only possible because I am on sandy soil that never gets muddy no matter how waterlogged even after a tropical storm.
Mine free range! Lots for them to get into.. especially this time of year when everything is melting

Back
Top Bottom