YOU EAT REAL CHICKENS? ARE YOU INSANE??

Status
Not open for further replies.
BYC is absolutely, completely, and totally the wrong place to get into this discussion and I have no intention of getting into this with you. What you are doing is wrong and puts us all at risk, and that's an incredibly selfish thing to do--and then to jauntily laugh it off with "LOL" is the icing on the cake. Ugh.

To put my 2 cents in. I believe in vaccinations to an extent. Will I be taking my children (if they happen) to get chicken pox or flu shots? No. More serious diseases, yes.

I predict a closed thread as folks are getting a little hot under the collar. Might be a good idea to avoid the thread if you can't discuss things without getting angry.
wink.png

I will say though...up till 2007, I never imagined this was my future. I was working Health care, out west. I had gotten stuck in Kansas for 13 years, and had decided it was time for me to leave. My life was totally different then. The mobile home park I had a mobile home in...didn't even allow vegetable gardens. Allowed only small animals....cats, dogs, up to a certain height. They didn't even allow an outside clothesline to hag dry clothes on!! That place just wasn't for me.
I relocated out here to SC, met my now husband, we bought a rural property...and now we have gardens, and chickens.

BYC is absolutely, completely, and totally the wrong place to get into this discussion and I have no intention of getting into this with you. What you are doing is wrong and puts us all at risk, and that's an incredibly selfish thing to do--and then to jauntily laugh it off with "LOL" is the icing on the cake. Ugh.

Edited to say...oops, never mind that wasn't real nice. You have a wonderful day. :)

Last edited:
I will say though...up till 2007, I never imagined this was my future.  I was working Health care, out west.  I had gotten stuck in Kansas for 13 years, and had decided it was time for me to leave.  My life was totally different then.  The mobile home park I had a mobile home in...didn't even allow vegetable gardens.  Allowed only small animals....cats, dogs, up to a certain height.  They didn't even allow an outside clothesline to hag dry clothes on!!  That place just wasn't for me.  
I relocated out here to SC, met my now husband, we bought a rural property...and now we have gardens, and chickens.  

You're free! :)

I will say though...up till 2007, I never imagined this was my future. I was working Health care, out west. I had gotten stuck in Kansas for 13 years, and had decided it was time for me to leave. My life was totally different then. The mobile home park I had a mobile home in...didn't even allow vegetable gardens. Allowed only small animals....cats, dogs, up to a certain height. They didn't even allow an outside clothesline to hag dry clothes on!! That place just wasn't for me.

I couldn't imagine not being allowed to have a garden! I also applaud people who have the gusto to chase a dream and move from the city to the country! It must be exciting but scary at the same time. I follow a lot of blogs of people who did this, I find their inputs interesting as it is often different from someone who has been raised on a farm :)

I couldn't imagine not being allowed to have a garden! I also applaud people who have the gusto to chase a dream and move from the city to the country! It must be exciting but scary at the same time. I follow a lot of blogs of people who did this, I find their inputs interesting as it is often different from someone who has been raised on a farm :)
In my case, I was raised on a farm, moved to the big city, wound up moving to a rural area for a job, lost the job, got a farm :D And I will never willingly go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom