You know you are "Country" when...

Okay, I knew I was country last night. Was almost asleep in bed when my husband said "what's the chicken doing in the bathroom?".
I thought to myself, "hmmm..., I might have had three glasses of wine tonight, but I definitely did NOT put a chicken in the bathroom".

Turns out he was referring to the Beanie Baby mascot chicken that I had put on the bathroom sink for the heck of it.

Last edited:
I thought of this thread last night when I was doing my barn chores, reached into the pocket of the jacket I had not worn since Sunday, and found an egg! (I had checked on a late layer Sunday night, but then got distracted putting medicine on the summer sore on my horse's penis).
Oh, if my friends from my LA childhood could see me now!

Quote:
My new husband.. the one I knew was a keeper... the first time he meets my parents since we were kids...while out at the "farm" decides to water a tree... but pays no never mind to the road.

What clinched it for me... the 10 year old mother earth news in his in town bathroom. Or maybe the fact that he still had a t shirt that I gave him when we were 10 for solstice.. it might have been in the rag bin.. but he still had it.
lol.png

...........when the chickens wander in to see what you're doing in the laundry room/kitchen/etc and you simply greet them by name.

In my old house, the screen door in the laundry room didn't catch, so I had chickens wandering in and out of the laundry room. If I left the kitchen door or window open, they'd come in that way to see what was happening.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

ROFLMAO
I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have stuck something in the pocket of my jacket and forgotten about it. Like, when I was looking for the key ring that has my LIFE on it--house key, office key, keys to the horse trailer locks, key to the tack room lock--it took me 3 weeks to realize where they were!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Good thing that I had spares.
roll.png
)

City people just DON'T understand this!!!!!!!!!!! AND, we're not making ANY of it up!!!!!!!!!

When you follow a school bus full of pigs up the two lane on the way to work, and your employer accepts this as not only believeable, but a perfectuly good reason to be 20 minutes late????????

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

ROFLMAO
I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have stuck something in the pocket of my jacket and forgotten about it. Like, when I was looking for the key ring that has my LIFE on it--house key, office key, keys to the horse trailer locks, key to the tack room lock--it took me 3 weeks to realize where they were!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Good thing that I had spares.
roll.png
)

City people just DON'T understand this!!!!!!!!!!! AND, we're not making ANY of it up!!!!!!!!!

Oh, yea, its like a treasure hunt when the coats come back out of the closet for the winter- you could find anything in there!

Back
Top Bottom