You know you are "Country" when...

Quote:
Why wouldn't you greet them by name?! Hehe. That's cute but our chickens don't have access to the inside.
sad.png
Wish they did. Like have a little chicken door.
lol.png

When your friends start calling you a hillbilly. Lol!

When you say the phrase "darn city folk" without even realizing it.

When a rooster crowing in the morning is music to your ears!

When a teacher pulls out a crayfish or something to show the class and everyone freaks out except for you because you used to/still go crayfish fishing and you don't see what the heck's wrong with them?!
tongue.png

When your aunt from California comes up to visit and tells your family they all talk like farmers.

lol.png

Btw... if you aren't supposed to wear your jammies then what else are you supposed to wear?!
and instead of boots I wear crocs. Haha.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Well, I didn't read through all 21 pages of comments, but the ones I did read were hilarious!! For me, living in the country means no curtains in my house (not even the bathroom); children not just peeing outside, but peeing in the compost pile for a dose of nitrogen; putting off breakfast until the hens lay fresh eggs; and wearing the same clothes for a week, because no one sees me anyway!!
tongue.png

Enjoyed reading this thread! So many ring true. Putting the chickens to bed or letting them out in my underware or robe with my rubber knee boots on. Bet I look pretty spiffy! Talked to a older friend the other night who sold his place in the country and moved to an aparment in town. I told him it really sucks to have to go into the house to pee. He laughed and said you know it really really does. Guess I qualify as country. We live on 8 wooded acres. The directions I give to the house are as follows. You come out of town on Hwy X go 4 1/2 miles till you come to road Y and when you get to the end of the 80 acre field on the right get on the brakes because your about to miss my driveway. I'm the only one on my side of the road for 1 mile. You'll find me, I'll put pants on when I hear you coming up the drive. My girlfriend is a city girl but she's coming around. I lived in town for awhile I couldn't stand the noise and all the people with all their personal problems being publicly announced.

Quote:
gig.gif
Hehe That's me. I change my pants maybe once a week and change shirts when I shower about every 2 days. Shaving I put off until I'm expected to go somewhere and look respectable. My DW has to work in town though.

when I was 17, myself and a friend, went with his mother, to visit a friend of hers, who lived in an old farm house. It was a sweltering day and the door was left open. I can't remember the conversation between the 2 adults, but my face must have mirrored, my friends when a large chicken waltzed into the living room, through the open door, hopped onto the coffee table, produced a large white egg, and then calmly went back outside. Our host, without a second thought said , "now, thats service!" picked up the egg and placed it in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom