You know you are "Country" when...

This is where you take your shirt, pull it up and bunch it under your armpits, tuck the egg under one armpit, waterer in the crook of the elbow, and pears in the "basket" made from your shirt!
(And you get a free hand to eat with ha-ha)

I'm always having to do that; I'm too lazy to go back to the house and get my bucket, even though I KNOW I'll be out in the garden eventually; you'd think I would leave it there, but no.... Shirt works better lol
wink.png

They also make these things,... Called "egg baskets"
tongue.png

Lol back when I was first starting out, new hubby, new little house in town... I did NOT realize how much of an effect growing up with no peeping toms was ROFL... Hubs CONSTANTLY hollering at me to "put some dang clothes on, the neighbors can see!"

Ugh lol... Never happier to get back out of the city lol; now I can hike my t shirt up to my neck gathering tomatoes and eggs, and the only thing I'm possibly offending is the birds
big_smile.png
I have an egg basket, but for some reason, I ALWAYS forget it before going out to the coop in the morning or any time. So, I end up taking the hard route: carrying 6-7 eggs at once, some under my armpits, and having to unlatch the gate and turn the doorknobs to boot. This is an Olympic feat when you're holding a ton of eggs, believe me! Why do I do such weird things?
lau.gif

-Alexandra33

Quote:
Oh my gosh, SOOOOO funny!!! Anyone noticed how often POOP comes up on this thread? And at least half the time, it's ME!!! If we had a horse, trust me, my toddler would be ROLLING in manure...hahaha!

Agreed, Mutt Farm! This thread is downright hilarious...the pee your pants, tears running down your cheeks kind of hilarious! You know you're country when you're walking through Rural King with your two-year-old son who's chomping and sucking on a foot-long piece of tasseled grass, you spot an oversized chocolate-caramel-nut candy patty called a "Cow Pie," and the VERY FIRST thing you think of is the "you know you are country when" thread on BYC (ahem...shortgrass!!!) ;)
Lol I'm always having those moments! Then I think, "oh! Gotta post that!" And I forget... Probably all the methane fumes from the cowpies :D I learned at a very young age to NEVER assume the WHOLE pie is dry just because the TOP is... I'd rather have the goose poop pants over cowpie shirt, pants, and hands lol :p
I prefer cow manure, the old fashion kind, not this fancy manure pit stuff.
"The smell of money"... 'Nuff said :D
Quote:
Oh my gosh, SOOOOO funny!!! Anyone noticed how often POOP comes up on this thread? And at least half the time, it's ME!!! If we had a horse, trust me, my toddler would be ROLLING in manure...hahaha!
Everybody poops :D It's just grass and water anyway ha-ha, mostly... notice how we trudge through animal poop all day but I wouldn't be caught in a porta pot even if it had gold leaf paper and a pine tree air freshener! Yep. Everybody poops. :D

Personally it is horse sweat that I like the smell of.  I miss having horses!

Oh me too! :( that salty horse smell...the hair on everything... The bright idea to ride into the canal one hot day with a saddle and short shorts and having to PEEL my legs off it... That wet horse smell, lol nothing quite like it :)

I go sniff them vhorse spray every once in a while at the feed store lol, equisect and liniment... Ahhhhh memories... Nobody at the store gives me sny flack lol, theyre used to me doing it :D

Lol I'm always having those moments! Then I think, "oh! Gotta post that!" And I forget... Probably all the methane fumes from the cowpies :D

Yeah, I do the same, but since I don't have any pooping, methane-farting cows to blame for my loss of mental faculties, I point the finger at my kids.

Everybody poops :D

It's just grass and water anyway ha-ha, mostly... notice how we trudge through animal poop all day but I wouldn't be caught in a porta pot even if it had gold leaf paper and a pine tree air freshener!

Yep. Everybody poops. :D

Amen to that! Porta pots are NOT of God! I'd go in my barn (guilty!), my woods (guilty!), and in my PANTS (not guilty yet!) before I'd ever set foot in one of those horrid contraptions!

You know you are country when... you're doing chicken chores in your jammies and boots, no matter the weather, and you consider that normal.

Back
Top Bottom