You know you are "Country" when...

You know you're country when Grandpa buys Grandma a new alarm clock for Christmas. Grandma thought that this was one of the best presents that she had ever recieved until Grandpa said," Now you don't have an excuse for getting up late to do chores."
old.gif

I guess that it was thought that counts, right?
somad.gif
hide.gif

This:

"You have a system of buckets in your kitchen next to the trash can to sort which items of 'trash' can be fed to different types of farm animals and what can go in the compost pile."

I live on a half an acre in a suburb but deciding what the "girls" can and can't have and what is okay to chance putting in the compost anyway or what should be thrown away so they don't get into it when they are digging through the compost.

Oy.

Quote:
here, in my family... we've always called the 'good smelling' manure, "the good ole country smell.....
yes theres a difference between 'good smelling' and had smelling....
lol.png

Quote:
hide.gif
Actually, it's for us humans.

Why pay $2.50 for a loaf of bread at WalMart, when you can get the same thing at the outlet store for $0.80 and it's not even "out of date" yet??

I agree. My last batch cost $6 for over 40 loaves. That's $.15 per loaf. Most of it was high quality bread. The chickens, dog and myself have been eating cheaply, for about 6 weeks.... I'm headed back to the used bread store, shortly.

When you can hear the cackle of one of your hens telling everyone she just dropped a beauty, over the gently rush of the brook, while you're sitting in the best room of the house (the deck) looking down the valley over treetops.

Back
Top Bottom