You know you love your chickens when...

Lol.. I caught our neighbor talking to our girls just this morning..
1f61d.png

When you're too old to run 100 yards, but you can do it when they sound the alarm call!

BTW: A bald eagle got our silkie. We heard the flock's "alarm." When we ran, it majestically flew away. There were 2 large piles of white feathers. The third heap was our roo - but he was still breathing! After the shock wore off, he was found totally intact and normal! Amazingly, he didn't look like he had lost a feather! Apparently that eagle was not experienced with silkies. :)

When your two chickens have the same status as your dogs in the house except that the chickens ARE allowed on the couch and on the bed..

When you get to work and notice you have chicken poo in your hair..

When you have pictures of the chickens on the phone and on your desk, not of people..

Last edited:
When your kid says you need to put bands or something to tell your two black pullets apart and you can reply you don't need it because their faces are different so you can tell who is who
1f633.png

My kids now think I have officially crossed into crazy chicken lady territory lol

...you talk about them so constantly and adoringly that eventually your friend secretly writes to your sister, gets some of the hundreds of pictures of them that you have taken, and hand paints them in batik for you to put on your wall.

I love this thread! These are sweetest posts ever; finding this made my day.

Back
Top Bottom