You know you love your chickens when...

I just spent an hour of my life lying on my stomach on a coop floor, waiting for a chick to climb onto my hand so I could lift him up and sail him over to the roof of his cave, all the while saying "You're flllyyyyyying." Does that count?

I just wanted to thank all of yall for your understanding how my wife and I are basically...mournin for our hen Tippy having passed. She truly was a sweet little hen. Your kind words are making it better. She come home from work the other day upset on account of how people'd given her this look like she was crazy after they'd asked her whats wrong and she'd answer she was sad because our hen had been but to sleep. One of her coworkers even said "it's just a chicken"
But all of yall...THANK YOU for having a heart. Making this a little easier to take.

To return to this earlier post for a moment, someone shared a very clever and funny (and Easter themed!) video that features the real Tippi Hedren, so I thought it might be a nice memorial in honor of Tippy the hen and maybe cheer up @chickrunfun and his wife:

I just spent an hour of my life lying on my stomach on a coop floor, waiting for a chick to climb onto my hand so I could lift him up and sail him over to the roof of his cave, all the while saying "You're flllyyyyyying." Does that count?

That definitely counts and is adorable!

Does that count? regretably no. It required a youtube video which would probably go viral. Then things would be ok

When you go out in the poring rain, and try to push the huge "bag" of water in the tarp to the edge of the roof, use a 2x4 to help prop up a section, and then forget that its there. When you push up again the 2x4 wacks you on the head... and then you spend another 30 minutes fixing things so that they are perfect for the chicks to reach the water, food, etc that you had rearranged yesterday.

celebrate.gif
I got it all done... now for the headache!

frow.gif
Good morning all!

You know you love your chickens when you are thinking that you will not attend your son's college track meet because the incubated eggs will be on day 21...
And my son hasn't run for a year due to injury...
he.gif
so much stress is not good for me!
barnie.gif

I can see you all now.
lau.gif
Did I mention that it is a 5 hour drive to the meet and it lasts 2 days?

frow.gif
Good morning all!

You know you love your chickens when you are thinking that you will not attend your son's college track meet because the incubated eggs will be on day 21...
And my son hasn't run for a year due to injury...
he.gif
so much stress is not good for me!
barnie.gif

I can see you all now.
lau.gif
Did I mention that it is a 5 hour drive to the meet and it lasts 2 days?

I wouldn't leave the incubator when chicks are hatching. Too many things can go wrong at the last minute. But that's just me. And I'm an INCUBATOR ADDICT!
jumpy.gif

I know how hard it is to disappoint your kids. Good luck whichever way you decide.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom