You know you love your chickens when...

I carry ziplock bags and Tupperware containers with me when we go out to eat to pack "chicken food." I don't want to waste food and chicken-perfect garnishes, and I don't want to waste stryofoam to-go boxes, so I pack my own bags. And when I see other restaurant guests leave leftovers on the table, I have to sit on my hands and resist the urge to bag their food too. I get funny looks from our servers sometimes. My parents now also pack chicken food for us! Haha!!

I am going to try to not picture that!
sickbyc.gif

What happens when someone who doesn't know what's inside opens the container thinking it's ice cream?!
lau.gif

lol .. hasn't happened yet but, one Christmas, we gave them a vol-au-vent each with yoghurt and live meal worms
wink.png
They were an instant hit!

We keep the girls live meal worm supply in a blue ice cream container .. the girls are very wary of people they do not know but I am pretty sure if anyone walks into our garden with a blue ice cream container, instant BFF's.  And if they should leave with the blue ice cream container, they would have 5 banties in tow :lau

LOL- my bunch do the same thing with yoghurt containers. Funny birds! :love

lol .. hasn't happened yet but, one Christmas, we gave them a vol-au-vent each with yoghurt and live meal worms
wink.png
They were an instant hit!

You know, the more I look at it, the more I am convinced that it really does look good! I would be tempted to eat one myself
droolin.gif
... but I don't think I would appreciate the meal worms like the chickens do! Especially since they are live ... it just doesn't have the same appeal as it would seem at first glance
sickbyc.gif

lol .. hasn't happened yet but, one Christmas, we gave them a vol-au-vent each with yoghurt and live meal worms ;)   They were an instant hit!

I remember seeing those vols-au-vent! I had just gotten chickens, and boy, was I impressed.

I carry ziplock bags and Tupperware containers with me when we go out to eat to pack "chicken food." I don't want to waste food and chicken-perfect garnishes, and I don't want to waste stryofoam to-go boxes, so I pack my own bags. And when I see other restaurant guests leave leftovers on the table, I have to sit on my hands and resist the urge to bag their food too. I get funny looks from our servers sometimes. My parents now also pack chicken food for us! Haha!!

"Chicken food," I love it!!

Good idea! That's the second-best thing to do with leftovers at the restaurant; the best thing is to bring in the chickens themselves and let them clean up the leftovers! Can't you imagine the little hen-waitresses coming out and clearing the table?
If I open a restaurant, no one will come!!!
lol.png

Good idea! That's the second-best thing to do with leftovers at the restaurant; the best thing is to bring in the chickens themselves and let them clean up the leftovers! Can't you imagine the little hen-waitresses coming out and clearing the table?
If I open a restaurant, no one will come!!! :lol:  

I will! :D

Back
Top Bottom