You know you love your chickens when...

@16 paws , how is Chicken Little doing?
Thanks so much for asking,

She is doing well, she has since been reunited with her broody mama. Mama takes 3 of the six chicks up on a roost at night and the other 3 including Chicken Little stay down and sleep together on the ground. It has been real warm at night so they dont need heat. She likes to perch on the side of her food dish and she gets around pretty well. The area she is in is a nursery and it about 8 feet by 12 feet. She seems to know now when I enter the nursery as before she didnt seem to hear me. She is still very young and I hope she goes on to amaze us by the things she will learn to do. I am excited to see progress. She has really touched my heart and she deserves to live out this life God gave her.
We are taking one day at a time....

Thanks again for checking on her, I will post a picture of her soon.
hugs.gif

Marie

Thanks so much for asking,

She is doing well, she has since been reunited with her broody mama. Mama takes 3 of the six chicks up on a roost at night and the other 3 including Chicken Little stay down and sleep together on the ground. It has been real warm at night so they dont need heat. She likes to perch on the side of her food dish and she gets around pretty well. The area she is in is a nursery and it about 8 feet by 12 feet. She seems to know now when I enter the nursery as before she didnt seem to hear me. She is still very young and I hope she goes on to amaze us by the things she will learn to do. I am excited to see progress. She has really touched my heart and she deserves to live out this life God gave her.
We are taking one day at a time....

Thanks again for checking on her, I will post a picture of her soon.
hugs.gif

Marie

I am so glad to hear this! It makes my day; she is so sweet.

When you get home from a ten day vacation and rush around to tell all 36 birds in six coops that you missed "their beautiful chicken faces."

When you're standing there holding a chicken on its new ramp and going chook chook chook to encourage it to use it and applauding when she goes up.

(seriously, I need a life LOL)

Back
Top Bottom