You might be a redneck if... for laughs share your critter story that fits

Pics
When you find cornstalks and feathers in your children's rooms... Or everywhere, for that matter
tongue.png
th.gif
Uh oh, what did they do
roll.png
gig.gif

:th  Uh oh, what did they do :rolleyes:  :gig

I don't know if they're 100% to blame on this one lol.. The gale force wind is blowing cornstalks from the field directly to the north into every nook and cranny of the house whenever we open the door!

The feathers, now I know I can blame a few of those on just plain tracking them in on their hair and in pockets :p

You might be a redneck if...
You have Christmas dinner in the kitchen with the goats and chickens in the kitchen too that were suffering from the cold so you brought them inside
- you 'brood' a weak chick in your armpit to keep it warm till it is strong enough to go back with its mom
-you only use your hairdryer to revive weak cold ducklings and chicks, never
to dry your hair
- you bring your goats into your very old post and beam house for warmth and they proceed to eat the old oak beams that are maybe 400 years old and you do not get upset but think it's cute
-when your chicken gets a chest infection you bring her into the bedroom and put Vicks on her beak and chest till she gets better
-when your goat is ill you gointo the barn and sleep with her under a blanket to keep her warm
-you take your rooster for drives in the car
-when bringing your goat back from the vet in your canvas top jeep a hail storm hits and the noise frightens her so she works herself loose and climbs into your lap while you are driving the jeep
-you get comments from the dentist that you are tracking mud on their nice clean rug
-after cleaning out the cows you get cow muck in your hair and you do not even realise it till you get to the store and people start sniffing and looking funny at you.
-After petting your pet boy goat who is quite aromatic, you go to the department store and realise you stink of boy goat when the salesgirl's nose starts to quiver and she's looking at you weird.
-When your chickens are brutally attacked by a badger you bring the survivors into the house and put them on blankets and warm them by the fire and then a guest comes to the house and has a cup of tea with the chickens all cozy by the fire.

You might be a redneck if...
You have Christmas dinner in the kitchen with the goats and chickens in the kitchen too that were suffering from the cold so you brought them inside
- you 'brood' a weak chick in your armpit to keep it warm till it is strong enough to go back with its mom
-you only use your hairdryer to revive weak cold ducklings and chicks, never
to dry your hair
- you bring your goats into your very old post and beam house for warmth and they proceed to eat the old oak beams that are maybe 400 years old and you do not get upset but think it's cute
-when your chicken gets a chest infection you bring her into the bedroom and put Vicks on her beak and chest till she gets better
-when your goat is ill you gointo the barn and sleep with her under a blanket to keep her warm
-you take your rooster for drives in the car
-when bringing your goat back from the vet in your canvas top jeep a hail storm hits and the noise frightens her so she works herself loose and climbs into your lap while you are driving the jeep
-you get comments from the dentist that you are tracking mud on their nice clean rug
-after cleaning out the cows you get cow muck in your hair and you do not even realise it till you get to the store and people start sniffing and looking funny at you.
-After petting your pet boy goat who is quite aromatic, you go to the department store and realise you stink of boy goat when the salesgirl's nose starts to quiver and she's looking at you weird.
-When your chickens are brutally attacked by a badger you bring the survivors into the house and put them on blankets and warm them by the fire and then a guest comes to the house and has a cup of tea with the chickens all cozy by the fire.

:thumbsup

Last edited:
I stopped and picked up a chicken that fell off a chicken truck. Her wing was broke i taped her up bathed her in the sink .She was a sweet chicken, she followed me around like a pup.i named her Tyson. I kept her separate as the other hens picked on her. She died in 3 months of heart failure. Vet said they were bred to get fat(huge breast) quickly and not live long.

she must have been a Cornish x - they are meat birds that are bred to gain weight very fast and be slaughtered ,I believe at 8-10 weeks ,before their legs & organs give out.

Back
Top Bottom