Your 2024 Garden

Pics
I need to thin my sweet corn and beets. They are up and way to many are crowded. I had help that thought they were doing good that had perhaps never planted a seed before. I tried to teach but the prime directive it seemed was just to get back to the house as quickly as possible instead of being focused on doing the job right and saving work later on. Work that can be physically painful. The good thing is that help is going to be here in a couple of days and can see their handy work that needs a lot more work.... Can't say anything but can teach by doing what needs to be done. Right now I'm most happy with the way our Yukon Gold potatoes are growing. I need to remember to take a camera out with me today. About the corn. At least it is thick enough if the crows help thin it there will still maybe some left for us.

Finished my raised bed #4:
IMG_20240412_132125797~2.jpg

IMG_20240412_163526186_HDR~2.jpg

I'm planting bush beans here. Bed #5, in the back, will probably not be ready until autumn. We'll see.

This is the hole from which I got most of the compost I added:
IMG_20240412_165014405.jpg

⬆️ That's just a small portion of at least two years worth of leaves and yard clippings.

Back
Top Bottom