"Your chicks have shipped!"

krepanie

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2015
Who would have thought an email subject like that would be so exciting! lol. 15 little ladies should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday morning. I.can't.wait!

Last edited:
yesss.gif
yesss.gif
highfive.gif

Awesome! That's the most exciting email ever! Hope they arrive safely! (you will post pics right?)

Absolutely I'll post pics! My kiddos are so excited as well. They all helped daddy to build the brooder box over the weekend. I think that made it more real for them.

Wondering what you chose and where from. I am hoping they travel well and you have a lot of fun teaching the kids and taming the little monsters.

I ordered from mypetchicken.com. They'll fly out of Cleveland tonight to DFW. I talked with them this morning and she said that they check the weather and put in two heat packs when it is really cold, so I assume they'll be doing that this time since we just had our coldest weather so far for this winters hit.

And we ordered quite the variety.

2 Buff Orpingtons
2 Barred Plymouth Rocks
2 White Plymouth Rocks
2 Easter Eggers
1 RIR
2 Blue Cochins
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
1 White Silkie Bantam
1 Mille Fleur d'Uccle Bantam
1 Black Frizzle Cochin Bantam

I really wanted to get a Speckled Sussex, but she wasn't available when the others were.

So far the kids have asked to use the names Sally Henny Penny, Blueberry, Oatmeal, and Little Red Hen.

who did you order from? Ive been looking for specific breeds and cant seem to find a hatchery that has all of them availble soon.

Back
Top Bottom