Humidity in Bator...EXCELLENT INFO HERE! EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptoniteqhs

Rosecomb Rich
12 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Norco, CA
I have about 15 eggs in the bator and WAS gonna add 3 more in a little bit, but I added some water to my bator and the humidity jumped up to about 58% and I dont know how to get it down with out taking all the eggs out and then lifting up the mesh to suck some water out! I dont think moving the eggs is a smart move though! Whats worse...Moving the eggs or Having high humidity??

Last edited:
well thats good to know....i always heard not to let is get past 50.....and not below 25...mine usually hovers in the 30s...so even if this is ok...is it bad because its waaaay off from normal

ok well which one is best lol??? and both the plugs are always out...thats what those same people told me to do!!

update::: it just hit 60 and im worried if i got to bed (REALLY sleep deprived bc of this crud!) i will wake up and it will be 70 or 80...im so tired i barely even care i just want to SLEEP FOR ONCE!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Just leave it, it should be fine. If you want you can take a paper towel and stick it through the wire. It will suck it up pretty fast. It wouldn't hurt them to take them out so you can remove some water. You just need to be careful that you don't roll them around a lot.

ETA: What day are you on?

Last edited:
you need to get your humidity down. Very carefully take your eggs out and place in a egg carton then remove some water from the bator and put the eggs back in. It wont hurt them to take them out as long as you dont drop or shake or bang them around. That high of humidity is a problem. Make sure you put eggs big end up in the carton

Quote:
That high of humidity would not make much difference for a day or so. If the OP were keeping it that high constantly, then it would be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom