Songster
10 Years
Feb 17, 2009
The fixin's:

P6150004.jpg

P6150003.jpg

The guests:

P6160007.jpg

Both in the same night? What did ya do, sit out and wait all night?

Detail, details, DETAILS!!

-Kim

Last edited:
See that 'switch' by the chickens head? When the chickens go on alert, they pile into that switch, tripping it and sounding an alert.

Then the predators are literally caught in the act!!

That's my guess, anyway...

Encouraging but, `where there is one there will be another and, if a second, surely a third' and so on. Keep your traps set 24/7 and gun loaded.

Thanks for posting the shots of your live girls (don't see so much of that in this subject line)

Last edited:
I trap constantly. As a matter of fact, I caught 3 coons before my coop was even finished.

A leghold set was used for the Gray Fox. They are very difficult to get in a live trap, although it can be done.

If that's all you have, and you want to catch Mr. Sly, you have to "brush in" the trap. The trap has to have an opening bigger than the one's sold for coons, even though they can easily fit in those. The bottom of the trap must be covered with leaves etc. so they do not feel the wire under their feet.

Legholds in a nice, natural "funnel set" will catch a fox faster than a live trap.

The coon was caught in a live trap. No challenge there.

Quote:
Ha ha!
lol.png
Good one.

Naw, that's a wing nut. It is holding the old roost "ladder" in place. I can remove the ladder easily that way.

Back
Top Bottom