BAD STORM!!!

lickskillet

*Home of the Shoveler*
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
Kentucky
We lost a couple of BIG trees one in the front yard and one in the back moments ago! Here's some pics, I also have video. Lol The tree in front is blocking the street in and out of the neighborhood. Oops!
sad.png

21241_img_1551.jpg

21241_img_1552.jpg

21241_img_1553.jpg

For people who the storm is coming to next, batten down the hatches! Especially if you have big trees!
smile.png

wow...no tree knockin storms crossed through here yet...knock on wood but pray mostly.

impressive.

Glad everyone and every structure is sound.

get ready to hear the whir of chainsaws all day.

me,
g

Yes, when power came back on(lost it for just a few minutes) checked the news and alot of people lost trees and power. Not just in our state. Now I know what we'll be doing this weekend. We've had so much rain, I haven't been able to get the grass cut, it's going to seed.
sad.png
lol Husband (who I called home from work) said "yep we're getting started early on fire wood this year".
smile.png

Last edited:
I lost 9 chicks to this storm. They were outside in a grow-out pen. The storm woke me up, and by the time I got outside I foudn 9 dead. They didnt know enough I guess to go in their shelter, and they just sat out in the rain and drowned. I brought the live ones in and put um under light. I'm just sick about it.

Sorry yotetrapper ! We lucked out as far as the tree in the back not being big, it did fall on the new grow out coop we made. I'll go down when i'm sure the lightning is over. We just heard a transformer blow somewhere near us( we went and looked(BIG gun shot sound). But we still HAVE power! Lol I'll try and get video of the creek too! Be, back in a minute...

Hey Lickskillet I may have asked before but don't remember..where are you in ky.? I am in Adair/Columbia..we had wind and some rain but it moved through fast and no damage at our house..but I figure you must not be far off???Glad you all are o.k.

geez... could you send the rain part to south texas... we really need rain... havent had any in awhile... weather man says we might have a slim chance of rain in seven tor eight days... tried a rain dance(didn't work- must of scared it away)jk... its so hot we need rain...

Back
Top Bottom