Homemade Miracle Whip

Mac in Wisco

Antagonist
15 Years
May 25, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Inspired by the mayonnaise thread, I tried this recipe today. It turned out pretty good.

2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
1 1/2 cups oil
1 1/2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons vinegar

Using a blender or electric mixer, blend egg yolks, sugar, salt and 1 tablespoons of the lemon juice.

Slowly pour in 1 cup oil, a few drops at a time, mixing thoroughly.

Add remaining 1/2 cup oil a little faster, carefully blending in each bit before adding the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice.

Mix the flour, mustard, paprika, garlic, boiling water and vinegar together until smooth.

Pour into a small saucepan and cook until smooth and paste-like (but not too thick).

Slowly add this hot mixture to the mayonnaise and blend well.

Pour in a container and cool in the refrigerator.

I make a similar recipe like this in the summer and pour it over sliced cucumbers and very thinly sliced onions. I sometimes add dill. It's really good stuff!

That sounds good Mac. gonna try it....er......have the DW try it. Cant let her know I can do anything in the kitchen!
cool.png

My husband likes Miracle Whip. I don't. *shiver*

Shhhhhhh don't tell him about this recipe or I'll have to try and make it. LOL

You know MissPrissy MY DW does not like it either she does the *shiver* thing too. But I like it and rarely eat mayo! so she is SOL and has to make it shhh........ just don't tell her I said that
wink.png

Last edited:
I liked the old Miracle Whip. I don't like the new recipe they use, so I don't buy it anymore. I found out by accident that Flavorite Whipped tastes like the old Miracle Whip recipe, so I get that now.
big_smile.png

I also like mayo. It just depends on what I'm using it for and what I'm in the mood for. I'm starting to think about making some of my own, with all these inspirational posts in this section!

Back
Top Bottom