Anyone Every Ordered From Meyer Hatchery???

elovisy

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Waxhaw, NC
Hi Everyone!!!

I just ordered 7 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. Has anyone ever ordered from there? If yes, were the chicks all alive and in good condition? Please let me know your experience with them. Thanks!

Sarah

I ordered 25 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. They gave us 1 extra, because one was very sick ( she died two days later). We had another pass 1 week later, but 2 deaths is normal for 26 chicks. Other than that, I was impresed . Cheap Too.

What kind of chicks did you get?

Love Meyers. I've bought a few pullet packs, Cornish, Turkeys, and
fryer roos from them. Always good service, quality birds, followup, etc..

i ordered 25 barred rock pullets on the 7th got them on the 9th and they sent 26 one did die a couple days later from eating bedding i think other than that the 25 i ordered are alive and are growing a crazy rate and can fly alot higher than most chicks there age not to mention i got free shipping i did have a problem getting the npip 4 h forms from them still havent gotten them so i called them and they sent more out i will def use meyer hatchery again and recomend them to you or anyone else

Oh yeah, but Meyer sent me a chick that was insane. It escaped at 4 weeks old and we chased it for half an hour before it ran off and we never saw her again. In a year or two we are going to see a brown leghorn hen walking on the sidewalk and we will say, "We Found Coco!!!"

Last edited:
thnx every1 for letting me know your experience with meyer hatchery. i am sooo excited to get my chicks on the 29th!

Quote:
I got a turken pullet, a blue cochin pullet, a white crested blue polish pullet, a golen laced polish pullet, a black silkie, a buff silkie, and a salmon favorelle pullet. I can't wait until they arrive!

have always been great to me!

my buddy lives within an hr's drive and is always telling me about the 'bargain bin' they have! hee hee

Back
Top Bottom