not exactly chicken stuff....

chickhamm

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
I have mainly lurked on this board, though i have posted some on the old byc boards.

ok, christmass is comeing and money is extreamly tight. I am hopping to bring in a little extra for the holidays. A little background, I learned how to weave in 1990 in japan when we were stationed there. I did art and craft shows for about 7 yrs but when my husband retired from the marine corpse we had alot of things going on and i stoped weaving. I have been looking (unsuccesfully) for a job and my Husband has been really encourageing me to start weaving again. Well, i have and i am enjoying it just as much as i did before.

I weave all of the basket, make the leather handles and the bases. The bases are made from Oak Plywood, i use this for several reasons, doesnt warp or crack, it preserves trees and cost. The bases are finished with several coats of polyshades. I use a variety of stains, from natural black walnut hulls to a mixture of of minwax or other stains to get the color i want.

The baskets are woven from reed / ratan and chair cain most of the handles are oak or hickory. Sometimes i do use woods such as oak, cherry, ash and other woods.....but these materials are extreamly expensive. Due to the fact that these are natural materials, they dont always stain the same. I can weave the same basket and both will look extreamly different.

I am in the process of building my own web site *holds her head*. I am not sure if i will have it up before Xmass so i just thought id take a chance and put a few here on the boards to see if anyone would be interested in them. I am in the process of getting others done ......including some beautifull christmass ones........so if i am alowed i will add those latter. i have paypal and also will accept money orders in the mail.

IF a basket sells, i can make another.......just need a little time *smiles*. Thank you so much for looking and reading, im sory for rambling on.

wallbaskets.jpg

These are wall baskets, i have ALL kinds of different handles, pigs, cats, hearts, ginger bread men......ill look and see what else i have. $14.00+sh each

catheads.jpg

here is a example of how the same basket can look so different. one was woven tight, the other looser. THis is a cathead style basket $30.00+sh each. if you wish one natural with no collor in it $27.00+sh

breadbaskets.jpg

these are wonderfull bread baskets, i also can get lots of different kinds of wires for the handles here $20.00+sh

100_048trayandmilk.jpg

these are some beautifull trays, i love the wooden bases with the leather handles and reed, it really looks nice together. That is a gallon milk jug to give you a idea of the size. small one is 12 inc Dia. $30.00+sh and the other one is about 14 inc Dia. $32.00+sh

again thank you very much and have a wonderfull thanksgiving

I did also post this on the other byc boards, i do hope that is ok. Thank you very much

chickhamm
Theressa
GA

Last edited:
Wow, you have a wonderful talent, Im sure you will get some responses, thankyou so much for keeping the pics small so I could see them, im on dial up and so often i have to scroll past pics as they are too big.
Theres a few websites for craft people to have their own shop and you dont need to do anything technical.
Maybe someone here will point you in that direction so you can upload pics asap for xmas!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5148991&section_id=5179499

look
at this site, this directs you to terrielacy's shop, but you can go to HOME from there, and find out exactly what has to be done to post your goods there. Her shop is extensive, but I have seen just plain ETSY shop with other goods. I'm sure she could answer any questions about rules/regs, I have only browsed sortof like a crafty e-bay.

terrielacy is a Moderator on this forum

bantymum, i am on dial up also LOL, i made sure i edited the pictures in PsP smaller so they would not be so hard to upload also to photoshop.

mbducks, ill check out etsy most definitly thank you.

chickhamm
Theressa
GA

I have collected and made baskets..yours are very nice...very talented!!...The etsy store sounds like a good plan....

Back
Top Bottom