Coop on the bayou! ***UPDATED***

bayouchica

Songster
13 Years
Jan 23, 2007
N.E. Louisiana
This is my coop,it's a pic from last spring since it is all covered with tarps & plastic.Most of it is made from recycled materials,the wood & nest boxes came from my hubbys workplace.I think he said it was atleast 700 sq. ft. They have lots of room,more to keep up with but it's worth it!
I hope I got the pic thing right,learning as I go.

100_0795.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! It's not too pretty to look at,but it works. I told my hubby that we could move in there with them!Almost as big as our little home.
It's neat, by the ladder to the right is the walkway where the some of the nest boxes are.To the left is one seperate area where my Production Reds sleep, then to the right is where the Buffs are.The Buffs area is bigger.
When I got my other chickens,we added on the enclosed area & a smaller roosting spot for my Turkens & and others.
Later I'll post some other pics I've got when a get a little more time.

Miriam

LOL That's what happens! You start adding on, and then a little more, and then another breed, and then another pen. I am in that delima right now. Have chicks coming next month, and no idea where I am going to put them.

thats a nice henhouse.youll be glad that your hubby built it so big.because chickens are addicting.

Back
Top Bottom