Deviled eggs

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
I know there are lots of different ways to make deviled eggs. I have my own way, but I'm always on the lookout for the perfect deviled egg. So how do you make yours?

Well, first I boil them...
lol.png

Seriously now... if I don't have finicky people coming over (DH will put just about anything I put on his plate...he's like Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Foods), then I add in a little mayo, yellow mustard or brown mustard depending what I have on hand), coarse spicy mustard (with the mustard seeds), dill, salt, pepper and paprika.
droolin.gif

ETA: The finnicky eaters method of Deviled eggs is mayo, little mustard (sometimes), salt, pepper and paprika.

Last edited:
Start with the basic regular recipe, then ...I like them with the deviled ham in them..OR..tuna fish is also very good in them..(sounds weird..but its good if you like tuna fish..)

what? no one puts Crunchies in their devilled egs? Ya gots to have crunchies!!!!

chopped really fine onion, green pepper, maybe a dill pickle (dill relish if ya can't chop a pickle very easily) radishes, maybe if ya got room a little bit of celery. Then mix all that into the egg yolk, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, a little mayo, and then mmmmmmmm.

meri

Last edited:
Ok the ususal:
miricle whip
mustard (preferably Inglehoffer Sweet and Hot)
salt and pepper to taste

and the kick:
cayanne Pepper instead of Paprika

makes it different and I love a bit of a spice like that!

Quote:
Hmmm, sounds like I need to try Cayenne next time, maybe....

Maybe on just a few of them
lau.gif
just in case the family hates it.

eta - as a side note... does anyone else find themselves making devilled eggs, or onion roll ups or whatnot just for special occasions/holidays? I did, so last week I made onion rolls ups (green onion with cream cheese and ham) and the family asked what the occasion was
lau.gif
I said I just felt like eating onion roll ups.

meri

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom