My pretty splash orp roo (thanks lockedhearts)

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas
I ordered eggs some mixed cochin/orp eggs from Lockedhearts early in the spring, but someone had an order of orps in and so the ones I got were supposedly all cochin. So from what she told me, they were all cochins but her hubby had collected them, and I did accidentally get one orp egg. I had wanted some anyhow, and this accidental orp egg turned into the most awesome looking splash roo.

So thank you, lockedhearts and thank your hubby most especially for not being able to keep the eggs straight.
lol.png

Here is my gorgeous splash from you, I just been calling him "Big Daddy" cuz he is soooo large. I love looking out the kitchen window and seeing him.

010-6.jpg

019-5.jpg

015-4.jpg

Struttin his stuff..
wink.png

029-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

011-5.jpg

Thanks all.

Cyn, from what she said, she never got any splash either, I dont know exactly what genes got thrown together correctly but he sure is a wonderful guy.

I despaired at first he might be a horrid rooster, he would steal all the food from the girls and chase them off and was generally a stinker to the rest of the flock but he has grown up a little and now calls them over and is TRYING to let them eat first, but its tuff for him! He is a baby yet and he is TRYING!
lol.png

He very well could be related to Suede, but I have no idea of how the bbs color scheme works, if so its one of his grandbabies I do believe.
cool.png

Last edited:
OMG He is very pretty! Cyn, it is possible he is from Belle, she was in with a Splash I got from Robin that I think was from Tuffoldhens stock!

Quote:
Wow!! Isn't it funny how they have originated on here! lol
wink.png
So if he comes by way of me somewhere down the line he is from Julie or Jane in Indiana
big_smile.png

Orpingtons

Splash x Splash will give you 100% Splash

Blue x Splash will give you 50% Blue and 50% Splash

Blue x Blue will give you 25 % Black, 50% Blue or 25% Splash

Wow that is really great, makes me feel interconnected with you all.
lol.png

Yes Cyn, I see what you mean by the face. I think so too.

So I have Tuffoldhen's and Specklenhens grand or great grandbaby by way of Karen and..I dont know who Julie is. lol

Its funny, I hatched 5 orp eggs total and two cochins and they were all girls, plus one silkie, who is his favorite. I guess he likes fluffy!

Two of the orp pullets came from Tazcat's test eggs and those are gorgeous too, plus two more from another gal thats not on here.
So thanks goes to Taz too for her fluffy girls~

Also in the pic is an pullet I hatched from an egg from pbjmaker, a mixed D'Uccle and my bantam cochin who is in molt, so looks horrid.

Big Daddy's Girls

009-3.jpg
024-4.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom