After Christmas I would like to do a block swap. Update first post

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
If you are interested please leave a post and I will get a list started.

This is what I had in mind, the pattern below. Everyone will make this pattern. We will try to have 20 people hopefully, we will all make 20 blocks of this pattern. We are doing blue and beige. We will all do blue and beige. So we will make 20 blocks of the two colors. This way when we put it together there will be 20 blocks of different blues and beige’s.

1. You will make one block for each person in the swap including yourself. The final count will be given after the sign up date of January 15, 2010 OR we get 20 people.

2. Use good quality 100% cotton fabric Please do not use thin low quality fabric.
Please remember, these blocks may be used in a quilt that could be around for 100 years. So use the good stuff.

3. Each block is to be 12.5 unfinished size. NO Exceptions! Do your best work. ¼ in seam allowances are recommended to reduce the bulk when quilting.

4. Send the blocks to ginbart along with a SASE so your blocks can be returned. Do not use metered postage on the return envelopes. Use stamps please, otherwise the post office may reject it.

5. Blocks are to be made and arrive to ginbart no later than March 15, 2010.
th.gif
With this late of a finish date there is no reason to be late. Blocks that arrive after the deadline will be returned unswapped.

Please if you sign up to do this follow through. Thanks you all for doing this it should be fun.

If you wish to start early that's fine.

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap.

www.quilterscache.com/A/AnotherStarBlock.html

If you have any questions or don’t understand what I’m saying please PM me.

1. ginbart................................ RECIEVED HER BLOCKS
3. CedarRidgeChicks.............. RECIEVED HER BLOCKS .
4. Cluckin'Alone....................... RECIEVED HER BLOCKS
5 Goldenluver......................... RECIEVED HER BLOCKS
6. Nanakat.............................. RECIEVED HER BLOCKS
7. Babymakes5........................ RECIEVED HER BLOCKS

8. Acre of Blessings................. RECIEVED HER BLOCKS
9. Tammy TX............................ RECIEVED HER BLOCKS

12. CluckyChikn......................... RECIEVED HER BLOCKS
13. mema2003......................... RECIEVED HER BLOCKS
14. kathyinmo............................ on the way. Yea
15 QuailQT................................ RECIEVED HER BLOCKS

Only 6 more to go.
ya.gif

Last edited:
Cluckin'Along :

I'd be in if it were a 2 month long swap..
roll.png

I don't know that I could do 20 in 1 month.
idunno.gif

start now, and you will be ready after Christmas gets here. AND if you use the wrong colours, you could always just send them to me.
fl.gif

Cluckin'Along :

I'd be in if it were a 2 month long swap..
roll.png

I don't know that I could do 20 in 1 month.
idunno.gif

We could call it a winter block swap and do it for 2 months. I know I can't get 20 done in a month. I can start it January 2 and have them sent in by March 15 because February is a short month.​

I'll start a list and when we get to 20 people we will be good. And lets do blue and beige. This way if some people want to start now you could. Then you would have a lot more time to do it.

Maybe I better make this an official thread now but I'll wait until Monday.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom