Partridge Penedesenca Photos

Picco

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
NY
Here are some pics of my partridge penedesencas that I have for sale/trade. You can check my add for more details: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26337
The
roosters had a squabble with the Crele rooster through the fence while I was cleaning so they are a little rougher looking today but as you can see they are still gorgeous. The photo quality isn't so great because they never sit still and it was getting dark.

DSC05223.jpg

A rooster and two pullets, look at those blue legs!

DSC05236.jpg

A pullet

DSC05234.jpg

A rooster, check out the carnation comb!

DSC05201.jpg

Another shot of that unique comb. They are one of the only chickens with white earlobes that lays brown eggs.

DSC05204.jpg

Look at those colors! The green, the orange, the red!

DSC05219.jpg

Another shot of a trio

DSC05176.jpg

On the roost with a BLRW
smile.png
smile.png

Thanks for the compliments! I still have them. They are in a pen with a few BLRWs and get along well and were housed with marans until I gave them away a month ago. My crele rooster is a bit aggressive but the partridges seem more relaxed, they are also less flighty (as penedesencas go). The two roosters have been raised together and get along well. There is definitely a more dominant one, but they really don't squabble all that much. I really like them and wish I had more space. Its just that I have an old rooster who is a pet and he;s a bantam and really can't compete with the big guys so I have moved him into the retirement room and the old girls are less than enthused!

They are not a recognized breed by the APA so you ca't show them at APA shows, but depending on the individual show regulations you may be able to show them if they have a class available to show them.

Here are some pics of my partridge penedesencas that I have for sale/trade. You can check my add for more details: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26337
The
roosters had a squabble with the Crele rooster through the fence while I was cleaning so they are a little rougher looking today but as you can see they are still gorgeous. The photo quality isn't so great because they never sit still and it was getting dark.

DSC05223.jpg

A rooster and two pullets, look at those blue legs!

DSC05236.jpg

A pullet

DSC05234.jpg

A rooster, check out the carnation comb!

DSC05201.jpg

Another shot of that unique comb. They are one of the only chickens with white earlobes that lays brown eggs.

DSC05204.jpg

Look at those colors! The green, the orange, the red!

DSC05219.jpg

Another shot of a trio

DSC05176.jpg

On the roost with a BLRW
smile.png
smile.png
very nice examples

Back
Top Bottom