My Call Ducks, Mandarins, and Duck Pen (Photos)

Scott

Ozark Bantams
12 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I thought I would post some updated photos of my call ducks, mandarins, and new duck pen. As you can see, I've got four white call ducks and 4 mandarins (2 split-to white drakes, 1 regular hen, and 1 white hen). They currently share this raiseed pen that I finish a couple weeks ago. I just need to paint the covered house section and shingle the roof. I am currently working on an on-the-ground aviary with pond and nestboxes. The mandarin pairs will eventually go in there.

photos45.jpg

photos46.jpg

photos47.jpg

photos48.jpg

photos51.jpg

photos52.jpg

photos53.jpg

Last edited:
Scott, what are the dimensions of your pen?

You have your mandarins in with your calls. Is that just for the winter? Do you have seperate breeding pens? I know I'm full of questions. LOL

I'm looking at a pair of mandarins now. I have 2 female Calls. I have Call eggs in the incubator right now.

Oh that's right, your white Calls are related to mine, aren't they?

Laurie

Quote:
Laurie

Are our calls related? I got mine from hatching eggs from a woman in Tennessee.

The pen is 4ft by 8ft. The pen is actually intended for my white calls. You can see more photos of it on my web site. The mandarins are in there temporarily until I get there aviary built. What color call eggs do you have in the incubator?

Scott

Quote:
Laurie

The pen is 4ft by 8ft. The pen is actually intended for my white calls. You can see more photos of it on my web site. The mandarins are in there temporarily until I get there aviary built. What color call eggs do you have in the incubator?

Scott

Yup Scott, your white Calls are related to mine. The woman in Tennessee (Angela) is a neighbor of mine and I got ducklings from her. She's from Greenville, I'm from Church Hill. I have Greys and Whites in my incubator. I'm trying to get some Blue Fawn Call ducks right now.

Laurie

Quote:
Laurie

Scott

Yup Scott, your white Calls are related to mine. The woman in Tennessee (Angela) is a neighbor of mine and I got ducklings from her. She's from Greenville, I'm from Church Hill. I have Greys and Whites in my incubator. I'm trying to get some Blue Fawn Call ducks right now.

Laurie

She seemed like a very nice woman. I was very thankful to get call duck eggs from her. She sent me six. My four hatched. They are happy, healthy, and full grown now as you can see. I guess I have to start calling you Cuz. ;-)

Good luck with your hatch. I'm looking forward to spring when mine start laying!

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. I could use a couple more like it too. It wasn't too difficult to build. Currently working on an aviary like this one:

aviary.jpg

Back
Top Bottom