Everybody loves a turkey - Post your turkey pics here - pic heavy

Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
Lets all post our turkey pics here so people can all see. Please Pics only and lable the variety of turkey.

White Holland

WhiteHollandflock.jpg

WhiteHollandtom.jpg

WhiteHollandhen.jpg

Hollandhenandpoults.jpg

Hollandpoults.jpg

Standard Bronze

Bronzetom7-11.jpg

bronzehen2-09.jpg

Bronzetoms2-09.jpg

Youngbronze.jpg

Midget White

Spice.jpg

MidgetHens.jpg

Royal Palm

Pepper.jpg

RoyalPalmhens.jpg

Bourbon Red

Bourbontoms.jpg

Bourbonhen2.jpg

Beltsville Small White

BeltsvilleToms.jpg

Beltsvillehen.jpg

Beltsvillepoults.jpg

Steve in NC

Last edited:
Steve, not to make this complicated, but is this for education, or just fun, or what type of pics are you seeking (funny/cute, or ones that show breed characteristics)?

Here are my Bourbon Reds:

Sort of like the old Italian Rennaissance paintings with the Madonna and Child and (was it John the Baptist and cousin?):
4957_2009_first_rb_hatch02.jpg

Help!! I'm too little too be out here on my own... put me back where it's warm!
4957_2009_first_rb_hatch01.jpg

Mama with 12 hatchlings out in tall grass (the tiny poults loved it!!! they seem to know how to eat bugs from birth)
4957_aug_2009_hatchlings_445.jpg

Mama at night trying to keep her poults warm underneath her (12 is a LOT to keep warm!). See those little feet poking out underneath?
4957_turkey_babies_under_momma_0457.jpg

Exploring the garden in summertime ... eating lots of bugs.
4957_turkeys_in_the_garden.jpg

Big guys, little guys, all showing off for clueless little hen who wants to know "what's going on!":
4957_2009august_turkeys2-struttin2.jpg

Hey, it's cold and rainy out there... let's go mess up the porch:
4957_2009august_turkeys.jpg

Like father like son(s). The two in the back were watching and imitating his every move. He was molting and not happy!
4957_like_father_like_sons.jpg

We like to sleep in a row on the top fence rail, but we can't decide which way to face!
4957_turkeys_perching_-_fence.jpg

Hey, we prefer pasture, but we have "groupthink" and have to walk en masse wherever we go.
4957_2008_thanksgiving_turkeys.jpg

Don't you love the way the setting sun shows off my tailfeathers?
4957_turkey_tom.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes we did and the same article was in Backyard Poultry. Now the turkeys all wear sunglasses all the time and you have to make an appt. with their manager to talk to them,

Annie,
It was your idea
smile.png
, you mentioned it on the other post. I was thinking we could do it for all. education, identification and just to show off our turkeys! There is so much miss information out there we can show the "real" turkey

Steve

Last edited:
I assume these are broad breasted whites. I got them in April at a chicken swap as just about fully feathered babies. They are my first turkeys. I lost the tom, I'm not sure why. I miss him a lot. I want another tom, a heritage breed this time. I still have my hen.

turkeys2.jpg

Dusting in the manure pile
turkeys.jpg

This is my friend with my hen.
IMG_2909.jpg

This was my tom, please excuse his tail feathers, we had a lot of rain which equaled a lot of mud.
IMG_2883.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom