Colored Range Broiler Eggs

Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Washington State
I have Colored Rangers eggs available at this time for purchase. 12+ eggs available now and will continue to be available all spring. My birds are very meaty, with a lot of dark meat as well as nice sized breast. Quicker mature rate than a "heritage" breed with more hardiness than the Cornish Cross.

These birds are suitable for free range growing and also do well in more confined spaces such as tractors. Excellent foragers and also reliable layers of Medium to Extra large eggs. I fed mine the high protien diet of the other meat birds and they did well on that. Hens are quiet friendly and large, not good flyers as they are very heavy once mature. Docile and easy going as adult birds.

I have been eating these birds all winter and are wonderful texture and flavor. I butchered at about 14 weeks, maybe a little older than that. I have been very pleased with them and will continue with this breed.

DSCN0562-1.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

Last edited:
There has been some commenting/concern regarding the breeding of Rangers, who, themselves are not a true 'breed' but rather a mixture of several breeds that when carefully bred together produce a good, faster growing heritage-type meat bird (good foragers, layers, healthy).

I am breeding my stock directly from JM Hatchery. This obviously isn't the same as buying directly from them, I am trying to breed these to see if the chicks produce maintain the faster growing and meaty qualities of the parent stock. I have heard from others that some of them turn out well while other chicks are small and not as fast growing as they'd like. With this in mind I still feel they are worth a try.

Feel free to PM me or ask any questions you might have, and if interested I have plenty of fertile eggs to sell.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom