Best Quail Books

For button quail Jodi MCDonald just put out a book called "A closer look at button quail"

It has a lot of information, history, anatomy. Not a lot of color gentetic type of stuff but great info on the over all well being of these quail. Much of the information also applies to other birds as well but the book is directed towards Buttons.

I've not heard of a coturnix book. I think one was written in the 60's??? Can't quote me on that. I haven't seen it and it has been awhile since I looked for one. I know things have changed since the 60's in many aspects and theories on raising birds. Atonamy stays the same though.

Quail Past and Present

This book is all about Coturnix quail, with fascinating chapters on their history and domestication. There is detailed information about keeping quail not only for a hobby but also commercially, with 30 colour photographs including most of the colour variations in Coturuix quail and numerous black and white photographs and illustrations.

I just ordered some of these for my store, they are on their way from the UK and I should have them in stock next week.

QUAIL MANUAL
Author: Albert F. Marsh is the only book I have read I have gotten a lot of info from booklets/reports and studies from the various colleges
QM_LARGE.jpg

Dr. Leland Hayes has a book, "Upland Game Birds." It has a little about Coturnix (a chapter) but has a lot of information about his experiences raising other game birds.

His website is: http://www.lelandhayes.com/index.html

He
used to have a newsletter where you could ask him questions and he would answer them personally. I used to get it a few years ago.

Maybe we should write a book. Starting with the sticky!

Just two update this thread a bit here are two books I've been looking at, they are ok but have no good info imho on how to build cages. (Plans

)

Back
Top Bottom