Any guess on how long until she starts laying? White Leghorn Hen

kingpartyof5

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 21, 2010
Central Indiana
Dandelion is 18 weeks today. How much longer do you think it will be before we get our golden egg? Any guesses?
hu.gif

58185_dscn1728.jpg

My three Leghorns will be 20 weeks on Thursday and no eggs here either! There combs and wattles have been red for weeks too so I keep saying to myself "any day now!"

Our Buff Leghorns are approaching 21 weeks old and no eggs.
Talk about a one-way street?!!
Some combs and wattles are red, others aren't. One henny penny was pitching a fit
about a week ago but no egg action.
They are all free ranging and I check all the possible egg hiding sites but so far nothing, nada, nil, zilch, zero, etc.

Good thing they are so entertaining and good pets or, well, can you spell BBQ...

I figure it is a combination of breed, free-ranging, and the heat down here in LA...

My white leghorn is the first of her flock to be laying(I have 2 flocks of different ages) She is in week 20, and she laid her first egg 3 days ago
celebrate.gif

The great thing about her is that just in the last 3 days of laying is that you can almost set a clock to her, her 1st egg arrived at 9:30am, her 2nd yesterday at 10:30am, and today it's 11:30 here and she's in the nesting box. She's more consistent than my reds!
ya.gif

the day my Lucy laid her 1st egg, I was suspicious because she was acting weird, more vocal than usual, and circling the coop acting like she was trying to figure out how to get in the coop(she knows darn well how) even trying to fly up into the fiberglass window. she was definitely acting goofy, and when I checked the boxes a little while later, a white egg!!

aaaaany time now
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom