D'uccle sexing help-one girl and one boy chick???

teach1rusl

Love My Chickens
14 Years
Jul 28, 2009
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Hi. I was told by some BYC folks two weeks ago that these were d'uccle chicks. They said that they're pretty easy to sex by three weeks, so I'm asking for help. These are a day under three weeks. They are the exact same color, and have feathered out at the same rate as far as I can tell. Don't know if that matters or not. I'm guessing that one is a boy and one is a girl, based solely on comb development. One has quite a prominant little comb, although it's just yellow, not pinkish. The other's comb is barely noticeable, and yellowish as well. So do you think I have one of each????

Chick #1 Not a head-on, but barely noticable, even from front... girl???
37862_march_21_011.jpg

37862_march_21_010.jpg

Chick #2 Head-on or side shot doesn't matter - you can see this comb distinctly...boy???
37862_march_21_034.jpg

37862_march_21_050.jpg

37862_march_21_019.jpg

Last edited:
That would be my guess, especially by the 2nd one's alert posture in the first pic of his.

I'd guess you have a pair, but time will confirm that. Sometimes the subordinate roos are hard to tell until later on.

I agree with everyone else, it looks like one of each. In another couple weeks you will know for sure. D'uccles seem to mature very quickly. My little cockrels were crowing in about 7 weeks in last years batch. they are beautiful bird and you should enjoy them.

Quote:
ITA
I am currently hatching the same breed and I am actually looking forward to roos for the first time ever. Neighbor doesn't like the crowing at 3 am.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom