Wings bleeding help............pics graphic.. Update page 3 again

mmajw

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Maine
She has had this open sore on her wing for about a week or so. There has not been any animals that could have gotten to her and as we all know chickens are canibals and I have noticed the others pecking at her. Just today I noticed the smaller wound on the other wing. What could be causing this? The larger wound you can see the barbs(not sure if that is really what they are called) of her wing. Please help anyone that may know what could cause this or what I should be doing to stop it other than seperation. I am going to do that today. I was hoping it would just go away now with the other side opening too I am nervous. I have babies coming in a month and I hope that I dont have something contagious in my barn.
D.gif

OK well I cant figure out how to load the pics but as soon as I figure it out I will. Sorry and Thanks for the help

Last edited:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/v … php?id=504

Did you find out how to post pictures yet? separating will be a good thing. can you put neopsorin on the wing or I think others had said flour or cornstarch to stop bleeding. Once there is blood, the others will continue to aggravate and then you won't be able to tell if it can heal or not. Hope some one has more answers!

How old is this hen? What is her feed? Do separate her. I am not sure what it is, does look like something may be irritating her. Don't know if it could be some kind of mites or something, or if she got injured on something and the others have been pecking like crazy. Hope some one can help!

She will be a year old in May. Eats layer pellets and some bread. I dont believe that anything could have gotten in their but I am not 100%. She is the only one in this condition and the others have been pecking at her. I did seperate this morning and she was finally able to eat and drink without being beaten on.

I would seperate her for a couple days so she can get some rest. The others are pecking her.

Also, get some blue kote and spray on the exposed skin and scabs.

I seperated the chicken last Sunday ( it has been a week) then I posted this and now I am wondering if she is really a he?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=48640

He/she is doing good resting and beginning to heal. The barbs are still visible and finally there is some feather beginning to grow back. I am waiting patiently to see how it heals I will post pics if I can get him/her to sit long enough.

He/she doesnt really like her smaller seperation cage.

Back
Top Bottom