Bumping...

Cara

Songster
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
NM
Is it allowed or not? It drives me crazy, if someone is interested or has something to say they will post, but some members still insist on bumping every hour or so :mad:

Bumping is against the BYC Rules . If you find a bumped post please send us a report.

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

We can't see or read every post and thread so please help us on the forum and report things that are not within the rules of acceptable posting.​

At times bumping can be a fine line too. Someone who "bumps" their post 16 30 and 45 min after their first post is blatantly going against the rules. However, if someone bumps their post with more than a "bump" or "help me now", and rather adds an update or more info, that is ok, or generally, if it's been more than a day and the post still has no responses, and is something more than "look at me," asking again in the thread for assistance is usually fine.

Back
Top Bottom