multiSOMEONE PLEASE HELP MY DUCKLING

louandneil

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
Hi my name is Lou and I'm new on here. Last night I had a ducklings hatch after a 2 day struggle, in the end I got him out. At first his head seemed to be flopped down and he couldn't move it at all, his feet are also closed and one of his eyes has the 3rd eyelid half over it. I left him a while and then decided after reading on where to go and buy some multi vitamins and but e capsules which I have fed. He can't seem to stand up hr just rolls on his back trying. As soon as I right him he fallacy into his back again. Is there anything I can do?

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry I can't help; I know nothing about ducks. You should try posting in the duck section. Good luck.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. When I have a weak duckling, I give it a couple drops a poly-visol, it is an infant vitamins. You can also give it some sugar water every couple of hours. Good luck, you are doing all you can.
thumbsup.gif

give him a day or two,I don't have any experience with ducks, but with my chicks sometimes Ive had one that just seems weak and tired (hatching is exhausting, esp. if there is difficulty) and they just need time to rest and recover)

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. I agree, sometimes they take a little while to get their land legs. Even so, the sugar water & poly-vi-sol will work wonders for weak chicks or ducklings. Make sure the poly-vi-sol is without iron, though.
Good luck
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom