Chick Photo Shoot

cricketofthesea

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Since my new chicks just arrived in the mail yesterday I thought this would be a great time for a photo shoot!

105483_silkies9_2_2011.jpg
Our Blue & Red Silkies

105483_mirror.jpg
Production Black & Leghorn

105483_leghorn9_2_2011.jpg
Leghorn

105483_blacks9_2_2011.jpg
2 Cuckoo Marans & a Production Black

105483_cuckublack9_2_2011.jpg
They just look so tough lol

105483_ameracunad9_2_2011.jpg
Amaracunas

105483_ameracuna9_2_2011_1.jpg
Lighter Amaracuna

105483_sunbather9_2_2011_2.jpg
Everybody sleeping

Where'd you get your chicks from?

I just want to warn you that if you got them from a hatchery then the last ones are mostly likely Easter Eggers and not true Ameracauna. A lot of hatcheries mislable them. They'll also do the same thing Aracauna, which are supposed to be tail-less but when you get them they have tails. That's a big tip off for that breed.

Edit to add: If you use the search on here you can find all kinds of debates on this subject.

Last edited:
I got them from Ideal, and I know they're probably not real ameracunas, just colored egg layers
tongue.png

Next spring I actually want to get some Ameracuna Wheaten hens from a real breeder, they're just so gorgeous!

Thanks, I like taking pictures and it's surprising easy while they're so young. Later on they just jump off the chair I have the backdrop on
tongue.png

The Cuckoo with the boot has curled/crooked toes, probably due to a problem during incubation. They are looking a little better now though, mainly the middle toe is the only one still curling. With luck she'll have an almost normal foot! And she still has plenty of attitude, especially since she's the only chick special enough to get custom footwear
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom