What Are Your Chicken's Names?

dangerouschicken

Will Barter For Coffee
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Columbia Gorge, OR
I know I'm asking for trouble with this thread, cuz you all have A LOT of chickens with names. So just give me the most interesting ones and their breeds. You can include pictures if you want.

I had two RIR hens named Mary Kate & Ashley because they were interchangeable.

I have a Lucy AND an Ethel. Both are SLW.

I have an EE named Mr. Greenjeans who needs no explanation.

I have a black feathered sex-link hen named Erica Estrada, and one with lots of red feathers named Stephanie Powers.

I have a Turken named Padma Lakshmi after the host on Top Chef.

I have a Cuckoo Marans named Jean-Robert and a Turken named Parvati, both Survivor references. Parvati is also Padma Lakshmi's middle name, strangely enough.

Padma and Parvati are below:
turkens.jpg

Jean-Robert:
Jean-RoberttheCuckooMaransRooster.jpg

Last edited:
hey...you watch "top chef" also?..
big_smile.png
....who do you think is going to win this one?..Wendy

I have one I call "Pammy" short for Pamela Lee Anderson. Got the name because when she comes running across the field from free ranging all day her crop is huge, hangs down between her legs, and sways from side to side as she runs. Only needs the BayWatch music playing in background.

yuckyuck.gif
Good name choice!
gig.gif

Padma is recovering quickly and currently hates living under the baby crib. I think I am going to get a dog kennel from my parents to house her in.

Did you read that Parvati got ripped in the neck, too? She's also down in the basement in recovery. Hers is worse.
sad.png

YES to Top Chef! It is my DH's favorite show. I think Stephanie will win. She seems to have the most talent and focus. Who do you think? I hope not Lisa
roll.png
lol.png

RIR rooster= A Boy Named Sue
White leghorn hen= Moby Dick
EE mix hen =Crazy Quilt (CQ)
CQ's baby, Black Aussie/EE/?= Slim Shadey
EE/RIR mix teen queen=Lonesome Dove

RIR/? mix teen queen=June
Black Aussie/? mix teen queen=Bonnie Cash (I want a love like Bonnie and June.....get it?)

Black Aussie hen = Bob

Two more hens with normal names like Beth and Fanny.

I've only got three
smile.png

my Cornish X ~ her name is actually Cutie Pie but we've called her "Chick-Chick" for so long, it's stuck
yippiechickie.gif

one of the Brown twins ~ her name is Tallulah, after Maisy mouse's girlie chicken friend who's friendly and playful...the personality matches lol
love.gif

the other Brown twins ~ she was a little bigger, more round, and was/is more tentative and aloof...Sienna is about the shade her brown was at the time so I just picked that one and it sounds like it fits her personality
big_smile.png

I have been told that my Browns have stripper names
lol.png

I have only named 2 out of 8 so far (the 2 I can tell apart from the rest) one is Penelope shes the queen and Pecker shes the one that likes to peck me but is pretty cool she comes to the window and yells to me lol.

I have two isa browns called priscilla and delilah.
and had a rooster called pearl.

My son has done most of the naming so far, we can't tell all of them apart.

We have 2 Danish Brown Leghorns, Brownie & Brown Esther ( I need to post pics of Brownie who I fear may be a roo)

2 Black Minorca's, the small one is Betty & larger one is Shadow.

We can recognize 1 of the Buff Minorca's whose tail feathers have been slow to grow in due to pecking in the brooder...she's a Sally.

Of the 3 Barred Holland's 1 is Speedy & the other 2 are Lovely.

All 4 Ideal 236's (white leghorns) are Whitey
gig.gif
The description when I ordered said they'd get black spots but none have them so far? I was hoping to use the spots to tell them apart.

Back
Top Bottom