Our Coop is 95 % Done!!!!! LOTS OF PICS

khable

Songster
12 Years
Mar 16, 2007
LaGrangeville, NY
Hi all,

Our coop is finally chicken ready.. in the inside at least!!!
wee.gif
(still need to finish the run)

Here are a bunch of pictures!

coop2.JPG

The plans!
gig.gif

Coop4.jpg

My guys!! Hard workers!! I love them!

coop8.JPG

coop13.JPG

coop14.JPG

coop15.JPG

coop16.JPG

coop17.JPG

coop18.JPG

coop19.JPG

coop20.JPG

coop21.JPG

Egg collection doors and a big long vent... (which has a door too! - just not attached yet)

coop22.JPG

Big cleanout doors!! That's gonna be nice!!!

coop23.JPG

the girls are in!!! Little Deanna supervises while Mike looks in!!

I have a TON more pictures....
lau.gif

Now gotta finish that run!!

big_smile.png

Last edited:
Your guys are amazing! I'm just hoping my husband can get some plywood put together before the chickies get too old. Your coop is sooo professional looking. Ever thought of building them to sell? I looked at some online and they get an arm and a leg for them. Plus shipping is unbelievable.

Really nice work, beautiful! What a nice coop. We are really excited about building ours (assuming city council vote goes well!)... and are torn between one like yours or one we can stand up in. How many girls live there? Will the feeder and waterer be in or out in the run?
Stacey

Thanks all!

It was looots of work... My guys sure are wonderful. It turned out to be a whole family project. My daughters even got in on the action.

The coop is 6'x4' and will hold my 6 Buff Orpington Babies.

Not totally sure on the costs yet... because I have stuff to return. But we spent between $350 & $400... but most likely will return atleast $50.00 in materials.

I will be hanging the food & water inside and will also put some water in the run too.

I am soooo excited.

Now just need to get the girls in there for the night!

It was finished last night but i thought it was too cold for them to stay all night. We don't have the heat lamp in there yet and it was about 50 degrees.

I am probably babying them. But that's ok with me!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom