BO and Blue Orpingtons from Hinkjc (Jody) & KorfusKluckers (Chris)

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Back in mid April I got BO eggs from Jody and Blue orp eggs from Chris.

They started hatching in early May. At the end of the hatch I got 8 buffs and 8 blues.

color2.jpg

16 weeks later - here they are - I had to wait until near dark when we lock everyone in for the night and they were about to roost to get some photos.

Jody, these are lovely orps. Out of 8 I have only 2 cockerals. Yayyy me. However, they were in no mood for posing for photos this evening.

Jody1a.jpg

jody1b.jpg

jody1c.jpg

See that darker reddish lilttle pullet on the left? If things work out the way I plan she will be put in with Big Red when she is old enough.

Chris, nice lacing on these birds. Again I lucked out on the pullets. Only 1 blue cockeral in this hatch. The other cockeral is a lovely splash.
big_smile.png

korfus1a.jpg

korfus1b.jpg

korfus1c.jpg

They are all looking really nice. I am really pleased with how they are filling out.

I hatched another set of eggs from Chris and got some real Splash Magic .

korfus2a.jpg

korfus2b.jpg

I am not sure how many little roos are hiding in here yet. LOL

They are! The blues have really nice lacing. I am more than pleased with them.
love.gif

I am trying to decide which rooster to mix them with as they get older and move into a larger coop.

Quote:
I'd definitely see how that Splash boy fill out. I think he will end up being a beautiful rooster. I am more than thrilled you are happy with them. Hopefully, one day there will be tons of flocks like that all over the United States.

Back
Top Bottom